[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gang green....

Rovers

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that is better than gangrene. (I figured since you don't have it, it wouldn't be insensitive of me to post the picture again.)

That is one of thre grossest pics I've ever seen. Oh, and a correction.... should have said toe NAIL fungus. Sometmes they look like Fritos. Not sure how they taste however.

That is one of thre grossest pics I've ever seen. Oh, and a correction.... should have said toe NAIL fungus. Sometmes they look like Fritos. Not sure how they taste however.

I am sooooooooooooo happy I read this right after eating breakfast...thanks for that image! :wacko:

:D

Rovers,

What a blessing indeed.... Am very happy for you... Please lean into all the opportunities the VA offers... And again, if there is anything I can do, let me know.... And thanks for the PM...that was / is a great way to start the morning...

Also good to see the VA taking care of a vet.

They get a bad rap most of the time, so it's good to see service to our country paying off for a son that served during Vietnam.

This hospital is HUGH. I saw vets of all ages there, many missing limbs. There must be 15 large buildings, set in the middle of "Veteran's golf course". I'm not sure if that is open to the public, I don't play golf.

Big difference in treatment too. When I saw doctors under health insurance, they were always rushing off to see the next patient. These doctors get paid. No need to rush around, it's all about patient care, not getting the next billing done. I can see why some doctors would prefer this environment. At least half the doctors were american born too, which seems like a high percentage. Some of them work there part time and have their own practices too.

As for me, geeze, she sure removed a lot of tissue where that bone splinter is. It;s right where my foot bends, about an inch away from the toes, where all the weight is when taking a step. I won't be landscaping any properties today, hurts like a bugger to walk, and I probably walk 5 miles a day when I work. I'm also supposed to keep it dry. I have some of the pickiest customers there are. This is my second year in business, so all of them fired someone else. No one does it better than I do around here, so I doubt I'll lose any of them, but I don't look forward to hearing all the whining. At least it's August and the grass isn't growing much. I do hate mowing... it's not my favorite part of the business, but it's half of my billings and what gets me all the other work I prefer doing. The feet have little feeling in them, but I sure as heck feel this.

Sorry, sittin here avoiding calling all my customers to explain... so I'm off on a tangent. LOL... oh well, things could be much worse...I could be in a wheelchair like so many of the vets I saw yesterday. There, but for the grace of God go I...

This hospital is HUGH. I saw vets of all ages there, many missing limbs. There must be 15 large buildings, set in the middle of "Veteran's golf course". I'm not sure if that is open to the public, I don't play golf.

Big difference in treatment too. When I saw doctors under health insurance, they were always rushing off to see the next patient. These doctors get paid. No need to rush around, it's all about patient care, not getting the next billing done. I can see why some doctors would prefer this environment. At least half the doctors were american born too, which seems like a high percentage. Some of them work there part time and have their own practices too.

As for me, geeze, she sure removed a lot of tissue where that bone splinter is. It;s right where my foot bends, about an inch away from the toes, where all the weight is when taking a step. I won't be landscaping any properties today, hurts like a bugger to walk, and I probably walk 5 miles a day when I work. I'm also supposed to keep it dry. I have some of the pickiest customers there are. This is my second year in business, so all of them fired someone else. No one does it better than I do around here, so I doubt I'll lose any of them, but I don't look forward to hearing all the whining. At least it's August and the grass isn't growing much. I do hate mowing... it's not my favorite part of the business, but it's half of my billings and what gets me all the other work I prefer doing. The feet have little feeling in them, but I sure as heck feel this.

Sorry, sittin here avoiding calling all my customers to explain... so I'm off on a tangent. LOL... oh well, things could be much worse...I could be in a wheelchair like so many of the vets I saw yesterday. There, but for the grace of God go I...

How did your family react to the news? Are you waiting for them to return to give it to them?

A quality guy like you shouldn't lose customers due to injury. And any that do happen to go elsewhere, why they will be replaced soon enough. Treat your customers like friends, let them know what is going on, and they will stick by you, I guarantee it. Mention you had the work done at the VA, and you get that veteran bennie, there, too.

I just want to say that 1) I'm super happy to hear how this turn out for you Rovers. 2) I'm glad to hear that the VA came through for you and all the other service men and women in need.

:wacko:

I won't be landscaping any properties today, hurts like a bugger to walk, and I probably walk 5 miles a day when I work. I'm also supposed to keep it dry. I have some of the pickiest customers there are. This is my second year in business, so all of them fired someone else. No one does it better than I do around here, so I doubt I'll lose any of them, but I don't look forward to hearing all the whining. At least it's August and the grass isn't growing much. I do hate mowing... it's not my favorite part of the business, but it's half of my billings and what gets me all the other work I prefer doing. The feet have little feeling in them, but I sure as heck feel this.

might be worth your while to find some chump to do the mowing for you for a few days or until your wheel feels better. even if you were there making sure everything was up to snuff and/or trimming or something, at least you wouldn't be putting 5 miles on the foot. be a cash hit short term but it might be worth it.

How did your family react to the news? Are you waiting for them to return to give it to them?

A quality guy like you shouldn't lose customers due to injury. And any that do happen to go elsewhere, why they will be replaced soon enough. Treat your customers like friends, let them know what is going on, and they will stick by you, I guarantee it. Mention you had the work done at the VA, and you get that veteran bennie, there, too.

I called the family before I left for the hospital. I wanted to avoid scaring them, but had to let them know where I was going.

az... that is a bit risky, but something I may do anyway. I'm fully insured, licesned and certified by the stae DEC to apply pesticides for hire. Lots of overhead in all that government stuff. In NYS, my pesticide license is the most expensive one there is... more than what doctors and lawyers have to pay. It's not just that, the paperwork trail is ridiculous as well.

If I hire a kid to help, that violates my insurance policy. Workman's comp insurance is sky high here, although just about all of the larger outfits use undocumented workers. I like to stay on the right side of the law... and getting caught, while unlikely, would have severe consequences. Lose of my insurance, loss of my biz license, and loss of my business with the fines and possible jail time. No chit... most of these laws are not enforced, but once in a while... I hear about guys through my trade assocoation about the few who get caught.

I've done 10 propeties in a day before... hopefully, by tomorrow I'll feel well enough to get out there. If not, I'll hire a kid. If i can work tomorrow, and work thru Sunday, I should be able to get caught up. The other tricky thing is my main mower. it is not easy to learn how to operate safely. These big walk behind mowers... they are productive, but unless you know how to operate them, they can be a real beast. They can get away from you pretty easilly, dent cars, rip off siding, not to mention it's real easy to get your hand crushed near a fence, etc.

I'm not stressed about it at all... given where my mind was a couple of days ago, this is a tiny problem. I have all my toes and both feet. :wacko: