[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick 5 In a keeper league, 6pts passing TD

mdaschaf

So, I have 5th pick in a one player keeper league with standard scoring except that passing TDs are worth 6pts and Ints are -2. My keeper was Randy Moss. I am trying to decide on a draft strategy and am looking for some help.

Starting roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF

This is the draft order with keepers

T1. Kurt Warner

T2. Peyton Manning

T3. Clinton Portis

T4. Tomlinson

T5. Moss

T6. Steven Jackson

T7. Ronnie Brown

T8. Matt Forte

T9. Drew Brees

T10. AP

T11. MJD

T12. Andre Johnson

Assuming that the first 2 teams don't draft a QB I can get one of Brady. Rodgers, Rivers, or McNabb with my first pick. I think with the 6 pts per passing TD, I almost have to draft one of these guys first, but I am concerned about my RB1 that I would draft in the second round at 19.

The top RBs available are Turner, Chris Johnson, D. Williams, Gore, Slaton. I am guessing that T1 and 2 will draft 2 of these guys.

I ideally wanted 2 of the top 14 WRs, but I just don't see it happening without sacrificing either QB or RB1.

My current plan is to go QB - RB - RB/WR depending on who is available, but could go QB - WR - RB

If all QBs get 6 pts for passing TDs, and you only have to start one, then no reason not to wait until later to get a QB and go ahead and grab yourself a #1 RB in the first. You already have a WR and are required to only start 2. You donl;t mention if this is a PPR league or not, but even so, in this setup, WRs have reduced value.

If all QBs get 6 pts for passing TDs, and you only have to start one, then no reason not to wait until later to get a QB and go ahead and grab yourself a #1 RB in the first. You already have a WR and are required to only start 2. You donl;t mention if this is a PPR league or not, but even so, in this setup, WRs have reduced value.

This is not a PPR league. You really don't think I need to go QB in rd 1 to get one in the top tier? I looked at the pts differences between the #1 and #10 QB/RB/WR in this league last year (I am taking over a team)

QB: 7.11 pts per game

RB: 4.71 pts per game

WR: 2.8 pts per game

You start minimum of 2 RBs, so you need to look at the difference between the #1 and #20 RB(assuming this is a 10 team league)

Same for WR.

Good point, new numbers, 12 team league

QB 1-12 = 7.59 pts per game

RB 1-12 = 4.44

RB 1-24 = 7.5

WR 1-12 = 3.44

WR 1-24 = 4.88

So, I guess the best game plan would be RB - QB - Best RB/WR depending on tiers?

I wouldn't assume that. 1st rule is never go in with a set plan of what position you are drafting when, it only causes you to miss value.

This is where you look at the smaller jumps within the positions to develop your tiers. Also, I strongly reccommend looking at more of a 3-5 year period for developing these numbers, as looking at one year allows anomalies to drive to many decisions. Even better is to not just look at past years actuals, but look at your projections for the upcoming year, as that is the best indication of what you think is going to happen this year. Just look for any anomalies in your projections vs. what has historically happened.