[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dump Gates for R.Rice and a Pick?

SpinalTapp

I play in a keeper league where we must keep four players. We can only keep players drafted in the FOURTH round or later and we can only keep them for three years. I am very fortunate that I have the following four keepers:

T.Brady (last year)

M.Forte (two years)

M.Turner (last year)

A.Gates (last year) - mandatory TE league

As you can see, my keepers are great...but other than Forte, the rest will go back into the redraft pool next year. I have been offered the following deal.

I give A.Gates

I get Ray Rice (two year keeper) + his 4th round pick (4.8)

I project guys like J.Lewis, A.Bradshaw, S.Greene, M.Bush, J.Davis, T.Holt, T.Gonzo, Cooley, Winslow will be there for me in the fourth round with the pick I acquire.

So, am I better off keeping Gates for this last year or trading Gates and acquiring R.Rice + one of the players listed above with the extra fourth round pick? Will Rice be the man in Balt?

Edited by SpinalTapp

Actually I'd probably go with this one....if you can get Rice for 2 years and a 4th round pick. I mean yea I doubt Rice will produce like a stud rb but if you can have him for 2 years he will be a great number 3/flex option. And if you can sign Gonzo or Winslow to replace Gates then you'd be in good shape. But really looking at those other 3 players you have a solid core. You don't have to go TE with that pick. I don't know who else is going to be on the market for you but landing somebody like Greg Olsen or John Carlson would be a good pick because this year they should both have decent numbers and in the future they could be top 5 TEs....and in my experience with the standard yearly leagues Carlson has been going really late and in one of my leagues he wasn't drafted at all and I picked him up as a FA.

So in short, I'd pull the trigger and have Forte, Turner, and Rice @ rb, with Brady @ qb you probably wanta focus on your WRs and like I said go after a guy like Olsen or Carlson later if they are available.

I think that would give you a nice looking team.