[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Ronald Reagan died he wasn't bashed the first day

Randall

I was going to post something in the Teddy Kennedy thread about him fighting for healthcare most of his life and saw the complaints and the lock down.

Can't people wait one day before posting negative comments? To some of us the Kennedy family were icons.

I didn't like much of what Ronald Reagan stood for but knew to many he was a hero and didn't say anything for several days.

There is a lot of hate and anger in this country some for good reason but people grieve a little before being negative. I was surprised he lasted so long. That tumor is always fatal it was jsust a question of when.

I hope we get healthcare in Kennedy's honor.

The last estimate I saw said 22,000 die in this country every year and we pay 2-3 times as much as many countries for care because many can't afford insurance.

That needs to change.

For a lot of people, what Kennedy did was unacceptable. That's about a nice as I can put it. I don't really get the Reagan reference.

The Reagan reference is pretty simple to a guy like me to see. I am no fan of Reagan's politics at all. I do not see how many can look at him and talk about him as thought he was one of the best presidents of all time. Having said that, no way would I have posted anything negative about him when he passed. Just not the place or time, IMHO.

It's a pretty volatile time politically in the country right now. More people are informed and involved than ever before (IMHO). There's a lot of anti-government backlash building, and Kennedy personifies government. I'm not saying that it's ok to bash him on the day of his death... I'm just trying to explain why some people are doing it.

I wouldn't take this opportunity to bash the man either. Just doesn't seem like good manners to me.

I'm not a fan of the bashing of kennedy today, either. but those who DID bash him did not talk about his politics, or how they feel he pushed policies that hurt the country. they were talking about the fact that he killed a woman and they feel he got away scot free because of who he was. unless reagan did something similar, that comparison doesn't stick.

Reagan was awesome.....just heard a TidBit awhile ago when Ronnie read the contract with the Air Traffic Controls and it stated that they cannot be a noshow ta work or they will be replaced......what do the dipchits do ....not show and then cry and if i remember a ton off people were pissed...hey tough chit it was layed out what the consequences were :D

Then Fakin out the Commie Bass Turds with Stars warz

Then a boot in Gorbies ass ta drop the wall

what the hell did Ted and his brothers do besides womanize and get overpaid for it :wacko:

tough comparrison.

but... if talk radio were more common at the time and not full of reactionist rightwing blowhards trying to tear the country apart but rather leftwing blowhards trying to tear the country apart, we all might feel a little different about Ronnie.

whatever the case - tough comparrison.

Edited by Duchess Jack

then there's the Flyboy that prolly Bought his Private Pilot's liscence and killed 2 sisters and ruin another innoscent Family...i tell ya the Kennedys are a Black spot on America.....don't get the whole Camelot crap....what a bunch of screwballs

You're actually serious with this? :wacko:

Sure. Savings & Loans. Iran Contra. Aids denial. Ballooned the national debt. Plenty to pick a bone with Ronnie Raygun about.

And for that matter 19 soldiers died invading Grenada, so there's your killing reference.

Edited by cre8tiff

You're actually serious with this? :D

So Mr. I Hate All Fedgov wants to drop a crazy smilie? I would think you'd be one of the first to understand that YES, negotiating with hostage takers and then doing an end run around the constitution's checks and balances system would be something you'd find unacceptable. But I guess it's hard to keep schtick consistent... :wacko: