[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#9 pick in a 10 team draft

DAP230

I'm picking 9th in a 10 team league. I am trying to decide on my draft strategy. I could take 2 of the top 4 wr's or should I go rb/wr. Is going wr/wr and waiting until the 29th pick to take my first rb setting myself up to fail?

I'm also in a 10 man ppr league and my draft position is 9th. I love that pick and plan on going wr/wr if the 4 top wr are available Otherwise I take the top wr then the best rb. Going wr/wr the first two rounds still gives give you a lot of options for picks 3 and 4, including two quality rbs'.

It really depends on your scoring system and also the tendencies of other owners in your league. Most of the recommendations this year have been to go this route.

1st Round: RB

2nd Round WR

3rd Round RB

4th it is up to you

If your league is a PPR league and weighs Receivers higher, you might want to go receiver.

I'm in the same spot. I usually think 2 RB first but I'm finding it hard to pass up at least getting 1 of the top 4 WRs. I think I'm going AJ or Fitz if there in the first then getting a decent RB. This way in the 3rd and 4th rounds I will only need to get one of each instead of getting 2 WRs or RBs.

The scoring is a PPR and I've gone back and forth so many times on the issue. First I was leaning WR/WR then WR/RB and now I'm think RB/RB. Has anyone had their draft already and have any idea of what RB's or WR's were still on the board between 29-32?

Would Grant/Thomas/Brown/Smith be available in R3/R4? I think they would. As such, I REALLY like Grant this year and think you can get quality RB's in the later rounds this year. Your alternative is getting someone like Slaton in R1/R2, then hoping Colston is available in R3. I think other than Colston, a lot of the WR's in that pick 30-ish area are going to be PPR guys who don't score much (Welker) or WR's who I don't personally like (Ochocinco, Owens, etc). Starting with a duo of Fitz/Moss/Johnson & Johnson looks awful enticing to me.

Please check mine.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292946

Going for balance gives you the best chance to take advantage of bargains.

I'd go RB/WR or WR/RB so you have lots of options in the 3/4 turn. You can consider going RB/RB or WR/WR or go balanced yet again. Going 2WR could leave you vunerable to a RB run, leaving you with lots of less than desirable options and not able to capitalize on certain WR value.

The main thing is to look for value and put yourself in a position to take advantage of those bargains when you see them.

-Heroes

the disadvantage to 9 pick is you have RBs go early, and since it's a 10 team league you want to be stacked so if you are between 2 of the top 5 WRs or picking 1WR and a RB that's in the 8-15 range maybe it's better to go with the 2 WRs early since you will still be getting those RBs from 8-15 range in the 3rd and 4th.

if you go WR/WR then probably 6 other WRs (that's 8) and 2 QBs will go before you pick in the 3rd (pick number 29) so you should have some good RBs to pick from like Portis, Jacobs, Bush,Addai then pick 32 there will still be some RBs left K.Smith (or so)

the 10 team draft levels the playing field so there are a ton of players left in the early 4th round.