[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope I never have a daughter

matt770

At 38 I guess I'm just getting too old, but since when is this acceptable?

Yes, it's hot, and I wish I was there, but...high school cheerleaders? I can't imagine how I would handle it if one of them was my daughter.

The real question is who were the "adults" and parents that sanctioned this? If I were 17 I would think it was great! If my teenage daughter was a part of this, I would be very upset with the adults that condoned and allowed this to happen.

terrible dancing, not even in sync--no pun intended, nevertheless, bad call on song selection, though I personally love that song, just not appropriate for HS girls. I tried to do a routine to Rump Shaker in HS, quickly got 86'd as it should have been!

Pretty sure my daughter would no longer be a cheerleader... but then again I would hope that my daughter would know what was wrong with that to begin with.

I'm sure a lot of teens would say it's no big deal and does not lead to rampant sex in the back of the bus. Maybe that's true, it probably depends on upbringing and the values the kids are given at home. I just wouldn't want my daughter dancing around like a whore. Even if I was convinced it was not harmful and let her continue, I don't think I'd be able to go to the games and watch it.

Yet, if I had a son and he was dating one of them, I'd probably high-five him, how messed up is that??

I'm sure a lot of teens would say it's no big deal and does not lead to rampant sex in the back of the bus. Maybe that's true, it probably depends on upbringing and the values the kids are given at home. I just wouldn't want my daughter dancing around like a whore. Even if I was convinced it was not harmful and let her continue, I don't think I'd be able to go to the games and watch it.

Yet, if I had a son and he was dating one of them, I'd probably high-five him, how messed up is that??

:wacko: And why you moved away from Atlanta, as this is from nearby Jonesboro?

I think I'll be happier if my daughter is in to other chicks than if she is into cheerwh00ring :shudder: I figure at least then she'll be into actual sports :wacko:

Not to mention, being a man (at times, arguably) myself, I realize that we, as a rule, are complete düshebags.

Does anyone else's wimmins get really upset when you say cheerleading isn't a sport? For example, when I'm watching the all-day marathon of the cheerleading competition on ESPN and she walks in and I say "Why is this on ESPN...it isn't a sport!!" and she gets mad and says it is.