[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need advice for draft with unusual flex postions

rai

I am going to be drafting for a league with standard scoring, TE mandetory with also 1 PPR so the WRs can be more powerful than usual.

This league has an unusual flex position and I could use some advice.

We start 1QB, 1TE, 1K, 1D and can flex either

2RB and 2WR

or

3RB 1WR

or

1RB 3WR

so I was wondering if there is any tips you can give so I can play off this.

If I am drafting late and could get 2 WRs like Fitz and Moss that way I can be set completely ar WR and then stock up un mid-round RBs and play match-ups

Any advice will be appreciated.

I am going to be drafting for a league with standard scoring, TE mandetory with also 1 PPR so the WRs can be more powerful than usual.

This league has an unusual flex position and I could use some advice.

We start 1QB, 1TE, 1K, 1D and can flex either

2RB and 2WR

or

3RB 1WR

or

1RB 3WR

so I was wondering if there is any tips you can give so I can play off this.

If I am drafting late and could get 2 WRs like Fitz and Moss that way I can be set completely ar WR and then stock up un mid-round RBs and play match-ups

Any advice will be appreciated.

Not quite sure what is so unusual about this. You have a mandatory start 1 RB, 1 WR and then 2 flex positions that can be either RB or WR. If this is a 12 team league with fairly typical ppr scoring and you and your leaguemates intend to optimize the use of RB/WRs, you can expect RBs to have slightly greater value in the upper portion of the draft and WRs to catch them around the 15th to 20th RB/WR off the board.

Given that scenario, it would seem prudent to slant your draft towards but not exclusively to RBs in the first 2 rounds, and then start slanting your draft to WRs after that. A ratio of starting off with 2 RBs drafted for every WR in the first 2 rounds - with 4 to 6 RBs going off the board first; and then having it flip in the third/fourth rounds is probably fairly generic in this type of league.

You can find sorts of threads about first/second round strategies here that I'd only be rehashing. Take a wander through the first could of pages here.

thanks BB

I should have looked here first, posted in the wrong forum. Sorry

I usually have played in leagues with mandatory 2RB so I was wondering in this league we can go as low as 1RB that maybe that could make RBs less of a hot ticket.

I was just wondering if this type of flex with as little as 1RB could change anything or it could but the same as a 2RB 2WR system with more flexibility for by weeks.

I just think RBs are more risky for missing games so maybe the WR flex makes this system more favorable to drafting the best WRs once the top5 RBs are gone and you would be stuck with RBs with more question marks.

Edited by rai