[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeping MJD....do I draft Brees or AP with my #1 pick?

Algierine

This is my first post, and I want to thank all ahead of time for any input.

10-team, fairly standard scoring keeper league. You have the option to keep 1 player, but in doing so you forfeit your 2nd round pick.

Because we can only keep players for 2-years at a time, Brees and AP are being released back into the draft pool and I have the first overall pick. On my roster, MJD and Calvin Johnson are eligible for me to keep one more season. So, here's the decsion I have to make before tomorrow night:

Scenario A: I keep MJD and draft Adrian Peterson with the #1 overall pick

Scenario B: I keep MJD and draft Drew Brees with the #1 overall pick

Our draft is a snake style, so I'd have the #1 pick, and then I wouldn't pick again until the end of the next full round. (We consider the 2nd round more of a supplemental round, as only those teams who choose not to keep a player have a pick)

So, should I take AP along with MJD and hope I can grab a quality QB and WR when my next picks come up? Or grab Brees (who led our league in scoring last season) and get my 2nd RB to pair with Jones-Drew later?

Yes, should have posted roster make up...sorry!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

Having AllDay and MJD will give you a serious advantage over most peoples other 2 RBs.

Why post this? This is a no brainer?

Not to mention with APete and MJD you have to worry about injuries. One runs ridiculously hard and the other is undersized 1 or both may miss a few games this season and then you'll be scrambling.

You would seriously be ridiculed non stop, all season long if you took Brees You can get Rivers or Rodgers in the 4th or later.

Edited by RuffBuff

+1

I wouldn't wait if you want them. After the supplemental round, are you the first pick again or is it like that round never existed and you have to wait until the turn?

I have to wait until the turn, so I wouldn't pick again until the end of the next round.

Snake..he'd have the 3.1

No, I'd actually have 3.10, then 4.1. Because the 2nd round is really just supplemental picks for those teams who don't keep a player, it isn't considered an actual round. So I'd pick first, then not again until the final pick of the next full round, then the first pick in the next round, etc.

Confusing, I know but it works.

This is my first post, and I want to thank all ahead of time for any input.

10-team, fairly standard scoring keeper league. You have the option to keep 1 player, but in doing so you forfeit your 2nd round pick.

Because we can only keep players for 2-years at a time, Brees and AP are being released back into the draft pool and I have the first overall pick. On my roster, MJD and Calvin Johnson are eligible for me to keep one more season. So, here's the decsion I have to make before tomorrow night:

Scenario A: I keep MJD and draft Adrian Peterson with the #1 overall pick

Scenario B: I keep MJD and draft Drew Brees with the #1 overall pick

Our draft is a snake style, so I'd have the #1 pick, and then I wouldn't pick again until the end of the next full round. (We consider the 2nd round more of a supplemental round, as only those teams who choose not to keep a player have a pick)

So, should I take AP along with MJD and hope I can grab a quality QB and WR when my next picks come up? Or grab Brees (who led our league in scoring last season) and get my 2nd RB to pair with Jones-Drew later?

I kept MJD and took Brees with my first pick. Mind you, AP/Dwill/Forte/Turner were all gone of kept as well. My roster is in my sig. In hindsight, I might have taken LT/Sjax, but their risk is too high for me.

So why did u ask if u should draft AP? If you did not know the keepers how in the world did you not think he would be kept? a waste of bandwith.

AP is not eligible to be kept again because his current owner has had him for 2 years. Same with Brees and LT. Our commish sends out a list with each teams roster and who they are not allowed to keep.

AP is not eligible to be kept again because his current owner has had him for 2 years. Same with Brees and LT. Our commish sends out a list with each teams roster and who they are not allowed to keep.

Fine , but why ask if you should draft him , if cannot?

I kept MJD and took Brees with my first pick. Mind you, AP/Dwill/Forte/Turner were all gone of kept as well. My roster is in my sig. In hindsight, I might have taken LT/Sjax, but their risk is too high for me.

what the heck are you saying? in one thread you say he is gone/kept and in another you say he was available, which is it?

That was Largent's post, not mine.

Yeah that was confusing, Largent.

Look at his sig, even more reason to take AllDay. (even though its a different situ because APete was kept)

Weak RBs he'll be starting Benson or J Stew which both are all ????

Good advise earlier on the QB picks.

Think about a QB at that 3rd pick them you should have your pick off a few top 6 QBs.

Yeah that was confusing, Largent.

Look at his sig, even more reason to take AllDay. (even though its a different situ because APete was kept)

Weak RBs he'll be starting Benson or J Stew which both are all ????

Good advise earlier on the QB picks.

Think about a QB at that 3rd pick them you should have your pick off a few top 6 QBs.

sorry - slight hijack because of very similar situation.

Wanted to thank everyone for the advice. I took AP #1, and was able to land Aaron Rodgers when my pick came back up in the 3rd round. My WR's aren't what I would call world beaters but I think they are a pretty solid group.

My roster:

QB:

Rodgers

Schaub

RB:

AP

MJD

Darren McFadden

Julius Jones

LeSean McCoy

WR:

Bowe