[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre divides MIN locker room even more

Bronco Billy

I know, I know, but I just can't help myself:

link

Source: 'Little support' for Favre

Comment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive

The issue is quarterback Brett Favre, and the schism is the preference that certain Vikings players have for specific quarterbacks.

Sources with knowledge of the Vikings locker-room dynamics say some players believe Tarvaris Jackson gives the Vikings the best chance to win, while other players believe Sage Rosenfels gives the team the best chance to win -- which is one of the new twists to this storyline. In the words of one NFL source, Favre has "little support" in the locker room as Minnesota prepares for its Monday night preseason game against the Houston Texans.

Favre, who signed only last week, struggled in his one preseason appearance but could easily win backers with improved performance and victories. But as it now stands, one NFL source said these locker-room issues stem back to long before the team signed Favre, and it's possible they will not be going away any time soon unless Favre can completely silence them with his play.

:D

Could this get any better? With a little luck, Favre will suck early on (and it's quite possible since he's spent so little time with the team) and the whole damn team will implode.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I :wacko:

As long as AP and Bernard Berrian are not effected, I could care less. :wacko:

I don't think whether Favre or Rosenfels starts will affect either one. Both QBs have gunslinger mentalities and want to strike downfield, which benefits Berrian's game and forces SSs out of the box for AD. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that you'd get eerily similar results from either guy starting. A 40 yr old Favre is probably pretty close in performance to what Rosefels would do as a starter. Both will get some big plays, and both will make some poor throws into coverage resulting in picks. Either one of them forces Ds to respect the pass a hell of a lot more than Jackson does though.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You hear this, but if Minny starts 3-0 or so Favre will once again be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't have a dog in this fight but I think it's funny all these folks who said Favre could go wherever he wanted a couple years ago now have "Judas" avatars and root for him to fail. :wacko:

Here's the counterpoint to that "divide" report:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13212029?nclick_check=1

Reports that there is an "issue," "schism" or "faction" in the Vikings' locker room over who will start at quarterback was news to 13 players, including nine offensive and defensive starters, Wednesday evening.

To encourage candor, the Pioneer Press contacted players expected to make the final 53-man roster and offered them anonymity to address how they felt about who should start at quarterback and if they had heard any teammates discussing the "issue" or "schism."

Two of the veteran starters spoke on the record.

"I'm in the mix, but I haven't heard anyone talk about that," starting tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "The locker room is not divided at all.

"Everyone is going to have their own opinions, and everyone is not going to like everyone all the time. But we don't have time for that dumb (expletive)."

The players aren't stupid. They see a 39 year old QB who couldn't get it done the past two seasons and really noticeably declined at the end of last year. It's probably really demoralizing to lift weights and generally bust your ass through the grind of a season, knowing it's all about one guy with too much ego and not enough common sense to realize it's over. If I were in their shoes, I think it would be a challenge to stay motivated and confident that this season could end any better than last.

I don't think whether Favre or Rosenfels starts will affect either one. Both QBs have gunslinger mentalities and want to strike downfield, which benefits Berrian's game and forces SSs out of the box for AD. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that you'd get eerily similar results from either guy starting. A 40 yr old Favre is probably pretty close in performance to what Rosefels would do as a starter. Both will get some big plays, and both will make some poor throws into coverage resulting in picks. Either one of them forces Ds to respect the pass a hell of a lot more than Jackson does though.

The "affect factor" is not Favre vs. Sage (or jackson). The affect factor is Favre in the locker room vs. Favre not in the locker room. If these reports are true, this absolutely does have the potential to poison the locker room, divide the team and adversely affect AD and Berrian. If playas start giving up, or choosing sides does anyone think that rocket scientist Childress has the skills to keep this team together? I sure as hell don't.

A little perspective...Favre at 53 years old should start over Tarvaris.

:wacko: Exactly. All of a sudden there is loyalty to T Jackson who sucks ass. You saw what you had in Tavaris last year. Give the old bastard a shot and see what happens

Edited by whomper

Sources with knowledge of the Vikings locker-room dynamics say some players believe Tarvaris Jackson gives the Vikings the best chance to win, while other players believe Sage Rosenfels gives the team the best chance to win -- which is one of the new twists to this storyline. In the words of one NFL source, Favre has "little support" in the locker room as Minnesota prepares for its Monday night preseason game against the Houston Texans.

I have to agree with these fellas. I think Farve is only a band aid fix and Jackson might take a year to settle in, but he is the future of the team. Now, once he does take over, have to wait for him to settle after Farve has left....next year!

I have to agree with these fellas. I think Farve is only a band aid fix and Jackson might take a year to settle in, but he is the future of the team. Now, once he does take over, have to wait for him to settle after Farve has left....next year!

No offense, but this is flat out wrong...T-Jack looks incredible at times when there is no pressure on him...he has talent but he simply cannot perform when the pressure is on...he does not have the mindset to be a QB in the NFL

No offense, but this is flat out wrong...T-Jack looks incredible at times when there is no pressure on him...he has talent but he simply cannot perform when the pressure is on...he does not have the mindset to be a QB in the NFL

He is a very good athlete but does not get rid of the ball quickly and efficiently. He makes plays with his feet and athleticism from time to time but I think if he was going to "get it" he would have "gotten it" by now. I think the best thing for Jackson would be a change of scenery but I'm fine with keeping him as a back up as well.