[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft stratergy

steeler1

I'm drafting 7th in a ppr league. (traditional snake draft) League drafts 2qb's, 5rb's,5wr's,2te's,2def's,2k's.

and we use a flex, which can be rb,wr, or te.

So each week we play 1qb-2rb's-2wr's-1flex-1def.-1k

I'm considering going wr-wr and pretty certain i'll nab A.Johnson and R. White who i'm high on this year. Look for RB's in the next 2 rounds. Do you guys think i'll have a strong enough rb tandum to challenge for a superbowl with this stratergy? Or should i nab Best available rb in first or second round and net 1rb and 1wr in first 2 rounds. Appreciate the feedback.

Not sure, this is such a novel concept that hasn't been discussed yet on the boards.

(In all seriousness, on my blackberry, so can't link to the posts, but this has been discussed to death in multiple threads, both here and on the main football board)

oh...ok. It's my first ppr draft and i'm a little anxious about not going with the traditional RB picks. Owell guess i'll just dive in and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.

hi

good luck with your draft.

I could give you some advice, in that you do still need to start 2 RBs and being at your draft position, it is not impossible for a 'top-5 RB' to fall to you.

In other words if someone above you picks Fitz or Moss or Brady you can still grap a top-5 RB you should do it because they won't last.

In my opinion the best players you get can depend on where you get them, I mean White in the 2nd round likely you would be the only one buying him there so you would get your man but maybe too soon.

You are drafting position (I assume 12 teams) position 7, 18 and 31

you would assume in the top 17 picks something like 12 RBs, 1QB and 4 WRs at the most. So you want White as the 5th highest WR off the board? I do not like reaching that high for players. Gonzo likely will take some of Whites catches, I mean Gonzo had 96 catches 1058 yards and 10TDs last year. If Gonzo was a WR he would have been Randy Moss (stats) last year

I don't know but I would be very surprized if White is being drafted in the high 2nd round in any leagues.

just thought of something at your positions 7 and 18 it would be a crime to not get at least one top -10 RB. I mean if you pass on one in the first pick you could get Westy or LT or Jacobs or Barber someone like that in round 2.

Edited by rai

just thought of something at your positions 7 and 18 it would be a crime to not get at least one top -10 RB. I mean if you pass on one in the first pick you could get Westy or LT or Jacobs or Barber someone like that in round 2.

Thanks for your reply. So it sounds like your suggesting a wr-rb combo if one of those 3 are available. I like westy and LT in the second just don't think they will be there in this league. if i draft wr-wr R.Brown might be there in the 3rd. If not then i think i'm looking thin at rb.