[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can you rate my draft? Second year player.

chocula

I am in a standard league and was curious how I did with my draft.

I felt that I did OK, but have some worries.

Thanks

McNabb, Donovan QB PHI

Barber, Marion RB DAL

Turner, Michael RB ATL

Jennings, Greg WR GB

Marshall, Brandon WR DEN

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Gostkowski, Stephen K NE

Eagles DST

Flacco, Joe QB BAL

Buckhalter, Correll RB DEN

Maroney, Laurence RB NE

Austin, Miles WR DAL

Gage, Justin WR TEN

Walter, Kevin WR HOU

Washington, Nate WR TEN

No its not that bad if you only start 2 wrs, which I assume you do since you only listed 2 with your starters.

Your starters are pretty solid.

Backups look a little shaky to me. I'd drop Buckhalter and sign somebody else, I don't know who is available but anybody else really.

I'd also drop Maroney and sign Taylor, I think he will be the leading rusher in New England.

I'd drop Miles Austin as well and try to sign a guy like Bess from Miami, I think he will have far more catches and he is really kind of flying under the radar even though he had like 50 catches last year and he will be the # 2 guy this year with Ginn Jr.

But really you have a solid squad.

I mean really Washington and Walter are both decent backups but I think a guy like bess could be a upgrade.

And you really don't have a good number 3 rb which means that if one of your starters go down you could be in trouble and in the bye week you might also struggle.

Solid team though, good luck

Sorry I forgot to mention the scoring:

Not PPR

12 person league

1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR,1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF

Pretty much standard scoring besides the positions.

6 for TD

1 every 10 yards rushing

1 every 10 yards receiving

It is my second year, and besides the top rated guys, I am not sure who to draft, so I simply go off a cheat sheet.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I will check now for those choices.

Edited by chocula

I am not sure if any of these would be good picks.

The available RB in my league (no particular order):

Kevin Jones CHI

Maurice Morris DET

Brandon Jackson GB

Glen Coffee SF

Antonio Pitman STL

Cadillac Williams TB

Ladell Betts WAS

Willis McGahee BAL

Bernard Scott CIN

Jerome Harrison CLE

LaMont Jordan DEN

Chris Brown HOU

Greg Jones JAX

Jamaal Charles KC

Michael Bush OAK

I'd also drop Maroney and sign Taylor, I think he will be the leading rusher in New England.

Fred Taylor is already taken

I'd drop Miles Austin as well and try to sign a guy like Bess from Miami, I think he will have far more catches and he is really kind of flying under the radar even though he had like 50 catches last year and he will be the # 2 guy this year with Ginn Jr.

Bess is already taken as well

My backup killed me last year.

Thanks again

McGahee is probably the best choice out of those players, he will share carries with Rice and McClain but he should get several touches. The problem is his knees are like twigs and he can't stay healthy.

Betts is probably the next best option, Zorn wants to spell Portis more and give Betts more opportunities and I don't see their passing game winning many games so they will have to run and run well but I don't think Betts will see as many touches as McGahee. The only upside to Betts is that if Portis goes down (which is possible with as much of a beating as he has taken over the past season) then Betts will be the guy and when Portis missed time a few years ago Betts cleared 1000 yds rushing.

As sleepers I like Coffee and Harrison. The niners coaches like Coffee and like the Redskins the niners aren't going to have a dynamic passing game so they will have to run and Gore can't do it all. I like Harrison because I think Lewis is at the end of his career and some think that Lewis is just one small injury away from losing his starting job for good.

Can you start a TE at your flex position? Because you really don't have a solid flex player. You might check the waivers for John Carlson. He had 700 yards recieving last season and with hassleback he could be even better. And in a lot of drafts he has been seriously undervalued and in some cases not even drafted at all so thats something to think about.

In the history of drafting, yours is clearly the bestest.

I think the guy is looking for advice on whether his drafting strategies need changing. I don't think this post is as much a "rate my team" as a "how can I become a better drafter."

Edited by kcmast

Your starters look good for 12 teams, but you have very limited depth especially at the RB position. Instead of just a cheat-sheet, you should read some of the other articles (sleepers, RBBC, etc). They can help you find some depth late in a draft (potential starters, bye week fillers, etc.). You only drafted 1K and 1DEF :wacko: