[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#2 pick in a 10-team redraft....trade down?

Puddy

If I stay where I'm at I'm set on Jones-Drew. However, I really like the idea of having one of these four WR's Fitz, A. Johnson, Moss and C. Johnson. I doubt either of them are there at the 19th pick. In this league I expect Brees and Brady to be drafted in the first 15 picks. Thinking about trading down to secure one of the four WR's. I'm thinking at 6 or 7 I'd be guaranteed one of them.

Is it worth it?

Who would you rather have?

MJD - Jennings/S. Smith/Wayne

or

S. Jackson/Slaton/Tomlinson - one of the big 4 receivers?

Standard Performance Scoring (non-ppr)

S. Jackson/Slaton/Tomlinson - one of the big 4 receivers?

It's interesting that I keep seeing these guys names thrown around as 2nd round pick options for people with the 6th-8th picks in a lot of leagues. In most leagues I am seeing all of these guys gone by the 10th-11th pick, so planning a draft expecting to get one of these RBs in the second is a bit foolhearty IMO. in fact, these are the names that often start popping up around the 6th or 7th pick, especially in PPR leagues.

It's interesting that I keep seeing these guys names thrown around as 2nd round pick options for people with the 6th-8th picks in a lot of leagues. In most leagues I am seeing all of these guys gone by the 10th-11th pick, so planning a draft expecting to get one of these RBs in the second is a bit foolhearty IMO. in fact, these are the names that often start popping up around the 6th or 7th pick, especially in PPR leagues.

No no....I agree. The plan was to snag one of those RB's with the 7th overall pick and hope that one of the big 4 receivers was available at 14.

Now on to what actually happened as we drafted last night. The guy at the 7 slot rejected our trade offer to swap the first two rounds. Fine so we take MJD and expect we'll get a tier two WR or snag another good RB at 19 depending on who's available. Unfrickin' believably, Chris Johnson was still there at 19 :D Three QB's drafted in the first round (including Peyton Manning ahead of Brees :wacko: ). All four big WR's we were targeting was gone by 14 anyway.

So we ended up with MJD and Chris Johnson when if we would have made the trade we would have taken Johnson at number 7 and missed out on the WR's anyway.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones that don't go through :D