[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I beat my wife...

Scooby's Hubby

Scoob is in an all women's league I commish but is full right now. Scoob has placed 1st and 4th for the two years running. If you PM me I will put your wife on "the list" for next year.

She has done well Sugar...but I believe that my wife will be taking the Title IX championship this year... :wacko:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here are her's and my results from the 12 team draft...I think she got me, barely. We have to start 3 at WR/TE, any combo of WR/TE. So Gates will be a starting WR for me, for example...

Just barely? I like her WR's a lot.

D Mason

G Jennings

S Smith (CAR)

C Henry ®

E Bennett ®

J Maclin ®

Her RB's are pretty impressive too

Williams

R Rice

B Wells ®

B Scott ®

J Jones ®

M Bush ®

I like her team quite a bit better.

2 of your WR 's are quite good but starting Gates as a WR will probably hurt. Josh Morgan could be good if Crab tree stays out.

B Berrian

R Wayne

J Morgan ®

T Ginn Jr. ®

I like Jones Drew and Ryan Grant but like hers a tad better.

Let me know how it turns out later in the season.

D Mason

G Jennings

S Smith (CAR)

C Henry ®

E Bennett ®

J Maclin ®

Williams

R Rice

B Wells ®

B Scott ®

J Jones ®

M Bush ®

2 of your WR 's are quite good but starting Gates as a WR will probably hurt. Josh Morgan could be good if Crab tree stays out.

B Berrian

R Wayne

J Morgan ®

T Ginn Jr. ®

What about QB? I guess you overlook that position... I need every edge I can get LOL

What about QB? I guess you overlook that position... I need every edge I can get LOL

I thought you were pretty even there and on defense and K so I didn't mention them.

Schaub and Hasselebeck are injury concerns but could be great but so is Palmer.

I'd try and trade one of your TE's for a WR, probably Gates and then pick up a bye week filler later in the season.

That's my take on it. Others may think differently. You could move the teams to the advice forum and see what more people think.

Edited by Randall

D Mason

G Jennings

S Smith (CAR)

C Henry ®

E Bennett ®

J Maclin ®

Williams

R Rice

B Wells ®

B Scott ®

J Jones ®

M Bush ®

B Berrian

R Wayne

J Morgan ®

T Ginn Jr. ®

As I was going over the two teams before reading Randall's post, the comments he made above were my exact thoughts. She got you. RBs and QBs are about even and her WRs are better. However, as you said you can start Gates and even Olsen. But the options of Berrian, Ginn, Morgan, Gates and Olsen should be pretty solid. Scoob having two Top 10 WRs in Smith and Jennings gives her the edge as you only have Wayne.

Edited by irish

As I was going over the two teams before reading Randall's post, the comments he made above were my exact thoughts. She got you. RBs and QBs are about even and her WRs are better. However, as you said you can start Gates and even Olsen. But the options of Berrian, Ginn, Morgan, Gates and Olsen should be pretty solid. Scoob having too Top 10 WRs in Smith and Jennings gives her the eadge as you only have Wayne.

my sentiments exactly ...not to mention that I'm not that big of a Wayne fan to begin with....

QB - CAL > Hormones

RB - CAL < Hormones

WR/TE - CAL < Hormones

K - CAL > Hormones :wacko:

D/ST CAL = Hormones

I like Cal's Cash RB's a lot, but raging Hormones got the edge.....

I mean you got MJD, Washington, Felix and Hillis who I think will end up starting by default at some point....

but Raging Hormones....DWill, Rice and the depth there is a bit better....and the more I look at the RB's on these two teams the more I think they are kinda even....

but seriously....her WR's are really the strength here and should give her some flexibility to package a RB later on and get an upgrade at the RB position...

Sig Line bet accepted. Now I guess we just need to come up with what will be put on the winner's sig line, if that is how it works...

Deal! Holy crap! After over a decade on these boards, my first sigline bet...! Now...what the heck do we bet? Losr dresses up in wife's clothing and posts link to pic for all to see in sigline?

Deal! Holy crap! After over a decade on these boards, my first sigline bet...! Now...what the heck do we bet? Losr dresses up in wife's clothing and posts link to pic for all to see in sigline?

OK, deal, here goes...the Loser must be in a dress/skirt with purse and shoes with some kind of heel. Pose must be a natural attempt in good fun. No makeup required. Picture must be placed on sig line until draft of next year. Loser is defined as follows...

Team that advances farthest in playoffs wins the bet. If one team makes playoffs and the other does not, then the team making the playoffs wins the bet. If neither team makes the playoffs OR THERE IS A TIE OF ANY SORT THEN, the team with the best win loss percentage for the regular season wins the bet. If that is a tie, then the team with the most fantasy points for the regular season wins. If that is a tie, then the last game of the regular season is used and the team with the highest points in that week is the winner. Hopefully, it won't go further than that.

How does that sound? What is the name of your wife's team? This could be one of the ultimate sig line bets, I am in.

OK, deal, here goes...the Loser must be in a dress/skirt with purse and shoes with some kind of heel. Pose must be a natural attempt in good fun. No makeup required. Picture must be placed on sig line until draft of next year. Loser is defined as follows...

Team that advances farthest in playoffs wins the bet. If one team makes playoffs and the other does not, then the team making the playoffs wins the bet. If neither team makes the playoffs OR THERE IS A TIE OF ANY SORT THEN, the team with the best win loss percentage for the regular season wins the bet. If that is a tie, then the team with the most fantasy points for the regular season wins. If that is a tie, then the last game of the regular season is used and the team with the highest points in that week is the winner. Hopefully, it won't go further than that.

How does that sound? What is the name of your wife's team? This could be one of the ultimate sig line bets, I am in.

Sounds great to me. Well...not great but you know what I mean! :wacko: Kim's team name is the Overdogs. She really better win...I'm over a foot taller than she is and would hate to squeeze into some of her shoes!

These here wemens just might be right. Us here fellas just might be more stupider then them'ns are.

Having said that.... I look forward to pics.... :wacko:

Ummmm.... wait. No short skirts please. No wigs. Oh crappies, never mind. I don't want to see any pics.

Sounds great to me. Well...not great but you know what I mean! :D Kim's team name is the Overdogs. She really better win...I'm over a foot taller than she is and would hate to squeeze into some of her shoes!

The bet is in and good. No turning back now...I strongly suggest that you make a seperate bet with your wife to hedge against our bet, one of the nightime nature that you may not mind losing, :wacko:, or whatever "favor" that you may only get on special occasions, like Father's Day. That way, if you lose your bet to me b/c SHE loses, then she owes you and loses the bet between you two.

BTW, their draft is this Friday, I think...so we definately need to post their two teams for pre-season analysis from thehuddle folks.

No doubt. IIRC, last season's was an automated draft, based on presets. Not a live draft. Either that or the wrong date was communicated. Hopefully it is live this year so the gals get a truer result. Either way, start shaving those legs man...Mrs. Wolf is about to pounce! :wacko:

I'm sure I can speak for Scooby's Hubby when I say that we do NOT...taking them off, yes!

Here here :D Just one of the ways thehuddle.com is a fun and crazy place for fantasy football lovers. BTW, it was Wolf's idea about the women's clothes, but I couldn't wuss out and back down, I have to defend Scooby's honor (and hope like hell she wins!) and accept the challenge. I really cannot imagine myself in a dress or whatever. Wolf, I really don't want to lose, but the bet is just one picture on a sig line for a year...and with a link on the winner's sig line to the victory picture, and...oh crap this could get ugly :wacko:

Go Scooby!

Here here :D Just one of the ways thehuddle.com is a fun and crazy place for fantasy football lovers. BTW, it was Wolf's idea about the women's clothes, but I couldn't wuss out and back down, I have to defend Scooby's honor (and hope like hell she wins!) and accept the challenge. I really cannot imagine myself in a dress or whatever. Wolf, I really don't want to lose, but the bet is just one picture on a sig line for a year...and with a link on the winner's sig line to the victory picture, and...oh crap this could get ugly :wacko:

Go Scooby!

Is there a category for "Sigline Bet of the Year" in our annual Huddle awards? With the teams I drafted, this may be my only chance to win something this year! :D

GO Mrs Wolf!!