[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2-Player Keeper Draft Strategy

bigredhoo

In our standard scoring league, we keep two players. This year I'm planning on keeping two RBS: S. Slaton and S. Jackson. I will be picking 3rd in a 10-team league. In predicting player availability, there may be RBs like Forte, MJD, D. Williams or LT available. If so (big if), should I pull the trigger and pick up another "stud" RB and start out with 3 RBs? Or should I just go the traditional route and pick up the best available WR or Tier I QB? Possible WRs available may be R. Moss (unlikely), Calvin Johson or Greg Jennings. Most top tier QBs should be available as well. Thanks!

If moss is there, I take him, otherwise I take MJD or Forte, even though you can only start 2 RBs, over the other WRs you have listed, then I focus on WR in the 2nd and later rounds. I do this because you only have to start 2 WRs and it is not a PPR league. There will be Wr talent available to you, and you put yourself in a position to either have strong insurance policies on your RBs or make a trade for an elite WR.

Remember, points on your bench are points not in your opponents starting lineup.