[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who benefits from no B. Marshall?

NOSaint

Suspension and the rest of the parade aside, who stands to benefit from his absence. I have him as a keeper in one of my leagues and was curious as to who stands to benefit most from his absence. Eddie Royal is obvious #1 but is taken in most leagues for sure, Stokely has always played the slot, Jabar Gaffney is familiar with the New England style system they have, and Brandon Lloyd has been a consistent underachiever. From a fantasy standpoint, who benefits most regardless of the lenght of the suspension because this is going to be a roller coaster ride for the remainder of the season.

WOW...Denver is in a little trouble here with Knowshown hurt and no B Jax. Of course, they may be better off without Brandon. What about Scheffler? This may help him two ways...uncertain running game and no big name receiver. Denver may run more and along with that can come play action to Scheffler. PLUS, Scheffler is atheletic enough to go downfield and drag a LB with him (LB instead of nickle corner because opposing defenses will be keying run more often w/o Marshall on field)

WOW...Denver is in a little trouble here with Knowshown hurt and no B Jax. Of course, they may be better off without Brandon. What about Scheffler? This may help him two ways...uncertain running game and no big name receiver. Denver may run more and along with that can come play action to Scheffler. PLUS, Scheffler is atheletic enough to go downfield and drag a LB with him (LB instead of nickle corner because opposing defenses will be keying run more often w/o Marshall on field)

Good point there on Scheffler although I'm looking for a reciever replacement, if any of them would even be worth having.

I think Royal is damaged by this. Marshall required double coverage, now Royal is going to draw CB1 with the FS swinging to centerfield.

Gaffney obviously benefits since he looks to be stepping into the starting lineup. Given his limitations, any expectations should be tempered significantly. His game does fit Orton's inability to competently throw downfield though.

Stokley ought to pick up some more targets.

McKinley could get some looks at WR and could pan out to be more capable than Gaffney if this becomes protracted or turns into a trade situation.

Denver is looking more and more like pre-Cutler Bears... :wacko:

Picture the 2007 Bears. Keep that picture in your mind...

Now, picture the 2007 Bears with every D starter except Urlacher and Tillman hurt and out for the entire season.

Now picture Lovie Smith 1/2 his age, white, and drunk constantly.

Voila! Your 2009 Denver Broncos!

Edited by Bronco Billy

Can someone get these guys together and tell Marshall if he stays clean and has a good season he will be paid.

If Denver doesn't want him...tell him if he stays clean and has a good season someone else will pay him.

BB is right it's like a 5 year old staring match.

Can someone in Denver enlighten these guys?

Can someone get these guys together and tell Marshall if he stays clean and has a good season he will be paid.

If Denver doesn't want him...tell him if he stays clean and has a good season someone else will pay him.

BB is right it's like a 5 year old staring match.

Can someone in Denver enlighten these guys?

It comes down to patience I think.

Most athletes have realized if they perform, they will be paid.

The difference is guys like Marshall decide "I want to get paid now" and then proceed to throw a temper tantrum about it, rather than play football and get his check at the end of the season.

I am banking on Stokely. I think he's a great possession receiver. With little Eddie burning downfield, Stokely will catch the ball when it counts. I think he'll put up better numbers than Gaffney.

If anybody benefits to the point where you could start him, it will be Stokley. That said, I have a hard time drafting any Broncos receiving option outside of Scheffler. Royal and Marshall are as talented as they come, but Orton is not. There won't be enough balls to go around for Stokley or Gaffney to be consistent enough to start.

If anybody benefits to the point where you could start him, it will be Stokley. That said, I have a hard time drafting any Broncos receiving option outside of Scheffler. Royal and Marshall are as talented as they come, but Orton is not. There won't be enough balls to go around for Stokley or Gaffney to be consistent enough to start.

Maybe it's all a clever ruse, but so far the McGruber game plan has been pass pass pass pass pass pass (then tackle the defender with the ball, go back to bench for a while).