[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Four or Six for QB TD Pass?

i_am_the_swammi

I never understood why a qb td pass was only four points? If he only gets four the Wr/te/rb that catches said td should only get two points for he td reception. We use 6 points for ALL touchdowns, a td is worth 6 points!!!

Edited by toolman

I never understood why a qb td pass was only four points? If he only gets four the Wr/te/rb that catches said td should only get two points for he td reception. We use 6 points for ALL touchdowns, a td is worth 6 points!!!

Did you ever notice that QB's throw 2-3 times as many TD's and a WR or RB get ?

Back in the day when I 1st started playing TD passes were only 3 pts not even four. Be thankful your getting an extra piont.

But they aren't actually scoring a TD. So it should be slightly less. Most times they aren't even throwing into the endzone. The RB/WR/TE is doing the bulk of the "scoring".

My Muto and me, ba ba ba ba ba ba Merci merci! :wacko:

4 :D

4 or 6? This was a blazing topic in my leagues for several years. About half steadfastly insisted on 4 and the other half were passionate for 6. We tried both ways, although the year with 6 was the year both Manning and Culpepper had like a zillion TDs each and that sent those who preferred 4 over the deep edge.

Here is how the commish (me) resolved the issue. For the past 3 - 4 years we have compromised on 5 pts for Passing TDs. Not a complaint in the house. Lame? Maybe. But as Commish, I prefer quiet. :wacko: Just call me King Solomon

Edited by Dcat

4 or 6? This was a blazing topic in my leagues for several years. About half steadfastly insisted on 4 and the other half were passionate for 6. We tried both ways, although the year with 6 was the year both Manning and Culpepper had like a zillion TDs each and that sent those who preferred 4 over the deep edge.

Here is how the commish (me) resolved the issue. For the past 3 - 4 years we have compromised on 5 pts for Passing TDs. Not a complaint in the house. Lame? Maybe. But as Commish, I prefer quiet. :wacko: Just call me King Solomon

Dude, your avatar is unsettling.

I can almost guarantee that in almost every league, the VAST majority of the top 15 scorers are QB's. And thats in 4pt per TD leagues. Giving them 6 is ridiculous.

in that case you might as well give kickers more to balance it out...

I have a scoring setup where QB's get between 6-9 points for a TD depending on the distance and the top 10 is packed with RB's mixed in with some QB's....

I believe it is the ultimate scoring system because whenever a QB runs or catches for a TD...it's 9-12 pts based on the distance as well...

same goes for a RB except it only focuses more points for when you perform out of your "position"...

everyone focuses on who is all in the top 10, but if every QB gets the same for a TD, then it is what it is...don't ya think?.....I think too much has been made about the QB's getting so many points that we forget.......every team has a QB...

maybe this would change how we draft?....but I always wait until the 5th round or so to take a QB and it all still comes out in the wash.....it's all about the dropoffs at each position...

I approach the draft of a league where passing TD's are 4 pts the same way I approach the draft in my league with it's high performance based scoring....

if a QB is scoring that many more points than other positions.....my response is "so what?"...you have kickers and Defense's scoring much less than other positions.....why not boost their scoring if you are really focused on balancing the top 10.....the top 10 means nothing to me other than knowing who is performing well at their position and a top 10 I would rather look at than "overall" is by each position...