[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 Best and Worst Offenses

Jackass

Who do y'all think will be the top 5 and bottom 5 or so offenses this year (measured by points scored). I find this helpful when targeting players, especially non #1 wr's. Anyway, i'll kick things off by naming top/ bottom 5

Feel free to add some sleepers flying under the radar.

Best:

Saints

Pats

Indy

Zona

Texans (close call on #5. could've maybe gone Philly, Atl or SD)

Worst:

Cleveland

Oakland

Detroit

KC

St. Louis

Who do y'all think will be the top 5 and bottom 5 or so offenses this year (measured by points scored). I find this helpful when targeting players, especially non #1 wr's. Anyway, i'll kick things off by naming top/ bottom 5

Worst:

Oakland

Call me a homer, but outside of a very questionable passing game, their Offense seems to be set to explode on the ground. Is it that bad, or is it just more dog piling on Oakland cuz we make it so easy to do so?

Call me a homer, but outside of a very questionable passing game, their Offense seems to be set to explode on the ground. Is it that bad, or is it just more dog piling on Oakland cuz we make it so easy to do so?

Homer. :wacko:

ETA

Both... :D

Edited by McBoog

I'd say the win loss record has some piling on, but the running game is solid. If the defense could stop the run they'd win more games.

Last season they were 4th in yards but 29th in points scored.

Best:

Saints

Pats

SD (Rivers was very good last year despite injuries all over the offense)

Indy (meh... could easily be Texans or Giants here if Indy's OL struggles and they struggle on the ground again)

ATL (homer!)

Worst:

Tampa (the skill positions are horrible, none of the QBs inspire any confidence, and the Bucs OL has been in perpetual rebuilding mode for years now)

St. Louis (could surprise... SJax... but WRs are lackluster, the OL is patchwork, and some fragile QBs... mentally and physically)

Denver (ugh... the franchise, and especially the offense, seems better than it really is. A major overhaul is coming in the next year or so.)

Skins (Zorn seems very, very close to turning the Skins into the Seahawks from a few years ago but Campbell seems like the week link here)

AZ (I know, crazytown, but Warner isn't known for his Ironman-like qualities while Leinart just doesn't look the part yet. A few key injuries to Warner, Boldin, and Wells... and I think this is a plodding offense.)

I left these guys off because they were so obvious but I can see a few glimmers of hope.....

Oakland (obvious choice but could surprise if Garcia can start 10 games)

Detroit (obvious choice but could surprise with Linehan at OC, Stafford, Megatron, and Smith)

Best:

Saints

Pats

SD (Rivers was very good last year despite injuries all over the offense)

Indy (meh... could easily be Texans or Giants here if Indy's OL struggles and they struggle on the ground again)

ATL (homer!)

Worst:

Tampa (the skill positions are horrible, none of the QBs inspire any confidence, and the Bucs OL has been in perpetual rebuilding mode for years now)

St. Louis (could surprise... SJax... but WRs are lackluster, the OL is patchwork, and some fragile QBs... mentally and physically)

Denver (ugh... the franchise, and especially the offense, seems better than it really is. A major overhaul is coming in the next year or so.)

Skins (Zorn seems very, very close to turning the Skins into the Seahawks from a few years ago but Campbell seems like the week link here)

AZ (I know, crazytown, but Warner isn't known for his Ironman-like qualities while Leinart just doesn't look the part yet. A few key injuries to Warner, Boldin, and Wells... and I think this is a plodding offense.)

I left these guys off because they were so obvious but I can see a few glimmers of hope.....

Oakland (obvious choice but could surprise if Garcia can start 10 games)

Detroit (obvious choice but could surprise with Linehan at OC, Stafford, Megatron, and Smith)

While Warner, Boldin, and Wells may have injury reputations, it is a stretch to put a team on the "worst" list based on the potential of their QB, #2 WR, and potential starting RB getting hurt.

Can't say that I disagree with much here but the Bucs problem this year will be on D if anything. The idea that they're awful at the skill positions is just silly. In addition to what they had last season, which wasn't all that impressive I admit, they have Winslow and Ward. Their O-line is decent. Leftwich is not my first choice but he's not god-awful. As good as Garcia has been over the years, he missed a ton of opportunities last year by jumping out of the pocket way early. I'm not saying they'll be great offensively but they were middle of the pack last year and this year they have a QB that will actually stay in the pocket, essentially the same O-line and a better corps of skill guys.

Detroit will also be better this year offensively. K. Smith is their 1a when it comes to offensive weapons and they will actually use him this year.

While Warner, Boldin, and Wells may have injury reputations, it is a stretch to put a team on the "worst" list based on the potential of their QB, #2 WR, and potential starting RB getting hurt.

I hear that, and it is a stretch but I am looking beyond some of the obvious choices. Leinart has not inspired much (any?) confidence and they can never seem to run the ball well. One of the worst? Maybe not. At the least it's not a recipe for anywhere near a repeat of 2008 Cards offense.

Can't say that I disagree with much here but the Bucs problem this year will be on D if anything. ....

Even in light of firing their OC 10 days before week 1? Could be wrong but the Bucs offense just looks like a trainwreck... an ulcer inducing boorish 3 x RBBC, the glacial release of Leftwich, QB rookie from a spread offense on a middle of the road Big 12 team, a TE with multiple knee surgeries, and Antonio Bryant. I know some like Ward but I think this guy is way overrated. Kudos to Ward for cashing in but the Giants OL is any RB's dream. Hope for the best but I'd expect the worst from this situation.

I agree with the original list. Detroit of course has been on everyone's list. It's quite disappointing that they might never improve this year. Hopefully, they will at least win one game. I checked their Wikipedia and it's just sad.

Wow! Call it homerism (see screen name) but I actually see the Lyons O throwing up some points this season. They actually will have a QB (Who it is anybodys guess but it's a good problem to have!) A decent running back, a legit tight end (granted a rookie) and arguably one of the top 3 recievers in the league. The o-line has played adequate so far but I dont have much faith in that unit....(see screen name) I see them chucking the ball a lot this year and both of the Johnsons should be fine. Don't forget gentlemen...this is the Lyons (see screen name) and they will be playing catch-up a lot.

Bottom 5 in offense??? I dont see it. But bottom 10 seems more realistic! (see screen name)!! :wacko:

Yeah you can't base an offense around people getting hurt, I mean I could say Tom Brady is injury prone, heck he spent most almost all of his career being on the injury list and without him... the Pats suck.

My five best

1: Saints

2: Patriots

3: Cardinals

4: Colts

5: Packers

it hurt my homer nature to admit the Pack looks very good on offense and could very easily be top three. Thank god for me they still have that D.

My five worst

5: Jaguars(one dimension is not enough, they may come back but not this year)

4: Jets(Hi all you Jets on offense that are amazing, you got Leon Washington and.. and ... Hiiii. That line is really starting to look good but yeah, no)

3:Lions(rookie QB or Dante = get out the paper bags early)

2: Raiders (I see all these RBs that could break out and have amazing talent but yet it's the Raiders, and if anyone knows how to shoot themself in the foot it's them. A QB that isn't quite "there" yet and two rough rookies starting at WR...way to fail again Oakland.)

1: Bucs (so many issues here and the talent is slim. The offense looks out of sync in the worst way. To me the shining star is Bradshaw but they want to use all three backs, so I just see consistency going out the window. They could shock me just because of the defenses playing in their division but they really need to make some large strides. Not to mention an OC being fired right before the start of the year and this has major fail written all over it)

Edited by griff321

Yeah you can't base an offense around people getting hurt, I mean I could say Tom Brady is injury prone, heck he spent most almost all of his career being on the injury list and without him... the Pats suck.

My five best

1: Saints

2: Patriots

3: Cardinals

4: Colts

5: Packers

it hurt my homer nature to admit the Pack looks very good on offense and could very easily be top three. Thank god for me they still have that D.

My five worst

5: Jaguars(one dimension is not enough, they may come back but not this year)

4: Jets(Hi all you Jets on offense that are amazing, you got Leon Washington and.. and ... Hiiii. That line is really starting to look good but yeah, no)

3:Lions(rookie QB or Dante = get out the paper bags early)

2: Raiders (I see all these RBs that could break out and have amazing talent but yet it's the Raiders, and if anyone knows how to shoot themself in the foot it's them. A QB that isn't quite "there" yet and two rough rookies starting at WR...way to fail again Oakland.)

1: Bucs (so many issues here and the talent is slim. The offense looks out of sync in the worst way. To me the shining star is Bradshaw but they want to use all three backs, so I just see consistency going out the window. They could shock me just because of the defenses playing in their division but they really need to make some large strides. Not to mention an OC being fired right before the start of the year and this has major fail written all over it)

Shining Star on Tampa Bay is Bradshaw? :wacko: