[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Day Game Face

Scooby's Hubby

Right now I am 4 hours from my local 12 team draft beginning. You know that restless excitement you get hours before your local? This is the draft where all the smack talking can get personal from years past. What rituals do other owners have? At present, I am jamming some old Sabbath (the ones you don't hear on the radio) while getting my "head right". Then I begin a flurry of text messages to begin the smack talk. I do not have a favorite jersey and I usually dress like a bum or ragged out stoner, but I do brush my teeth. Once the first guest arrives the seal on the vodka bottle gets broken (around 10 am). Basically, that's been my routine for many years...What are yours?

Right now I am 4 hours from my local 12 team draft beginning. You know that restless excitement you get hours before your local? This is the draft where all the smack talking can get personal from years past. What rituals do other owners have? At present, I am jamming some old Sabbath (the ones you don't hear on the radio) while getting my "head right". Then I begin a flurry of text messages to begin the smack talk. I do not have a favorite jersey and I usually dress like a bum or ragged out stoner, but I do brush my teeth. Once the first guest arrives the seal on the vodka bottle gets broken (around 10 am). Basically, that's been my routine for many years...What are yours?

:wacko:

My local is usually a weekday night after work. About the only constant is my Browns' Coach Jersey and the one guy who gets so loaded he starts asking the bar's waitress for lapdances...

It's funny how many people use computers at drafts now days. I much prefer getting all my prep done in advance and going in with 2-3 sheets of paper and having fun.

Yes...I always start up my laptop (after using it to create tons of graphs and other information in prep) and then I quickly abandon that and resort to about 2 or 3 pieces of paper.......maybe its the beer?

Our tradition - Draft has moved around from time to time. This year and last it has been at my house. Big room, ten seats in a circle, sixty beers, a sleeve of dip, and its on ! Burgers and dogs on the grill at recess, then on to "day two" picks.

We used to close the draft with a debaucherous night out including a visit to the ladies but I don't know what happened.........damn.

It's funny how many people use computers at drafts now days. I much prefer getting all my prep done in advance and going in with 2-3 sheets of paper and having fun.

exactly...

every year we hold it at a bar.....

last year we umm....actually I don't think I want to disclose what we did at the draft.....but it involved balloons.....and obviously drinks for about 6 hours due to several breaks...