[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beenie Wells

mlvc

not really a fair comment BB

The guys I play with do not suck

ADP is only the AVERAGE.

In my league the guys were not big on drafting Rookies at all .RBBC was still a new thing happening more and more.

2 years ago was about the time when drafting RB RB rounds 1 & 2 was questioned.

now since APs rookie season Everyone in my league pays more attention to the rookie class.

and after last season with Forte Slaton CJ they really pay more attention.

don't forget the until recently a lot of teams didn't go RBBC so a Vetran RB got a bulk of carries and Rookies unless drafted top 10 like Edgerin James usually sat and waited for their shot. now with RBBC more and more common so a mid to late rd draft pick can see significant work.

It's a reasonable comment for both parties.

For example, even this year While playing in family leagues/friend leagues with people who aren't fantasy football nuts like myself, I am always questioned for taking players such as Chris Johnson last year, McCoy and Moreno this year, because they are rookies. However with that being said, if a player is 3 rounds overdue....well then. They must not be doing much research.

ADP is only the AVERAGE.

In my league the guys were not big on drafting Rookies at all .RBBC was still a new thing happening more and more.

now since APs rookie season Everyone in my league pays more attention to the rookie class.

don't forget the until recently a lot of teams didn't go RBBC so a Vetran RB got a bulk of carries and Rookies unless drafted top 10 like Edgerin James usually sat and waited for their shot. now with RBBC more and more common so a mid to late rd draft pick can see significant work.

Subtlety isn't my strong suit. A guy slips a round to a round and a half past his ADP, that's good value and is possible even in league loaded with strong FFers. A RB with tremendous capability, which by all accounts AD had coming into the bigs, who falls 4 rounds past his ADP means guys in the league are asleep at the wheel. That means they are either not educating themselves very well or they aren't good players.

Boasting about it here tends to trigger my cynical side. We aren't discussing a 5th round RB who had some good 4th quarter runs against D players who will be flipping burgers in a couple of weeks. We're talking about a high 1st rounder who had all the earmarks of greatness with only a couple of slight caveats.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Oh, and when it's my turn to take my barbs when I'm wrong - a good example is my being really high on a guy like Lee Suggs a few years ago, or this year if Bernard Scott falls flat on his face (even though his risk is much, much less given his caveats, where he went in the NFL drafts, and where he's being drafted in FF drafts) - I'll man up and take a few 2X4s upside the head.

It goes with the territory, and quite frankly is part of the fun here. If Wells turns out to be a stud, it will be your turn to take your shots - and they'll be welcome.

Oh, and when it's my turn to take my barbs when I'm wrong - a good example is my being really high on a guy like Lee Suggs a few years ago, or this year if Bernard Scott falls flat on his face (even though his risk is much, much less given his caveats, where he went in the NFL drafts, and where he's being drafted in FF drafts) - I'll man up and take a few 2X4s upside the head.

It goes with the territory, and quite frankly is part of the fun here. If Wells turns out to be a stud, it will be your turn to take your shots - and they'll be welcome.

You have to respect a man who is willing to be struck on the side of his head by a few large pieces of wood when he is wrong. This is why I never admit to being wrong.

Bronco Billy has given me some real good help so far in other posts.

I have found him to be reasonable and have solid facts to back his position.

His opinion is becoming one that I trust in here.

I am new to the Huddle &

I was just feeling protective of my friends and family league.

But its all good now.

but Ultimately BB is correct....they just didn't do their predraft homework in the past and would pick names that they knew well, but have since learned their lesson.

I am new to the Huddle &

But its all good now.

but Ultimately BB is correct....they just didn't do their predraft homework in the past and would pick names that they knew well, but have since learned their lesson.

ya got a little sumthin there on yer nose

I am new to the Huddle &

But its all good now.

Is that a sonnet?

We'll see. I often disagree with Mr. Dorey.

I only responded to him having the same injury history as Adrian Peterson. That's going too far in my opinion.

I never saw him #1 on any boards, but he was just behind Moreno.

AP was viewed as an injury risk and people are still waiting for that to materialize.

I am new to the Huddle &

But its all good now.

There's a tremendous body of FF knowledge at this site. The times I learn the most is when there are disagreements like in this thread. People bring their A game, support their opinions with a lot of facts, and are passionate about their positions. When you tilt a little I think it really helps draw out all the arguments, which means I can learn a lot more. You can needle each other and still maintain respect - and that really makes it fun.

What you won't see here is people in lockstep. I have learned to listen to quite a few people - vets and noobs - to help shape my opinions, even when it may sound like I'm adamanantly one sided. And you can even argue with the boss. David and I have had some stellar disagreements, and a lot of data flows when it happens. Same with some other really good people here. The homers willingly share inside knowledge, which is awesome, but sometimes you need to watch that their team colors aren't bleeding through.

But people here will call out BS - which is good because it culls a lot of crap from the discussions and let's you know who really has insight.

Welcome aboard. Jump into discussions (or arguments, if you prefer), stick to the strength of your convictions, and when you know someone is yanking your chain call them on it. You think I'm out of line or wrong - say so, straight up. Remember - it's not personal, and it's predominantly done in good fun. You just need to have a little thicker skin here than at other sites.

Oh - and let me get that stuff on your nose there...

Edited by Bronco Billy

similarities are there

Can he stay healthy??

AP had the exact same Question mark entering his rookie season.

a history of injury but in the pros AP has only missed a couple games due to a knee sprain as a rookie

everyone laughed at me 2 years ago, in my leagues couch draft, when I picked AP in like round 8 and they all said that He is always hurt and that Chester Taylor WAS the starter, AP was just a Rookie who wouldn't play much.

I did the same with Beenie Wells

I picked him in round 7 couch draft and everyone said he's always hurt and Hightower is ahead of him and AZ doesn't run much.

I think a great back like him, if healthy, could have a great season with teams not able to focus on the run because of warner fitz and Bouldin.

how does everyone else feel about Beenie wells??

:wacko: How many teams were in this league? I grabbed him in round 4 his rookie year and can't imagine getting him later than round 5 in a 12 team league. Either you play with weetodds or you play in a 4 team league.

ADP is only the AVERAGE.

I'm sorry man, but this is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. I can't remember the exact stats, but it's something like 16 or 17 of the last 20 years there has been a rookie RB who rushed for at least a 1000 yards and 10 TDs. If your league mates want to discount rookies for whatever reason, they're not very good FF players. Period.

Here are just a few guys your league missed on:

2008 Forte 1715 and 12

2008 Slaton 1659 and 10

2008 Johnson 1488 and 10

2007 ADP 1609 and 13

2006 MJD 1377 and 15(technically not 1000 rushing)

2002 Portis 1872 and 17

2001 LT 1601 and 10

2000 M.Anderson 1487 and 15

1999 Edge 2139 and 17

1998 F.Taylor 1644 and 17

1995 C.Martin 1748 and 15

The list goes on and on, but the point is ignoring rookie RBs in a fantasy draft is one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

Uh, no he didn't.

AP had one serious injury and a high ankle sprain that kept him out of some games, but one where he tried to play in spite of it.

Beanie Wells stayed out of games with small injuries most would play through but he wouldn't. In football you need to play through minor injuries.

He seems to want to play only when completely healthy and that's rare with NFL players.

Is he willing to play through small injuries now that he's in the NFL? Time will tell.

Beanie wanted to play, Tress held him out despite his wishes.

Beanie will NOT be a bust like Curtis Enis as a poster above said. I think he will be a top 7 RB selected in 2010 in most FF drafts.

Beanie wanted to play, Tress held him out despite his wishes.

Beanie will NOT be a bust like Curtis Enis as a poster above said. I think he will be a top 7 RB selected in 2010 in most FF drafts.

That would be nice since I lose Adrian as a keeper next year.