[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NASCAR

Piranha

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only been following NASCAR for a few years, but it is addicting. Got to take my 1 year old inside on Sunday during a birthday party to catch most of the race. "I think that he needs a bottle," works every time.

Anyone follow the short track races? Between work and family, I've only been able to hit one dirt modified race this year, but usually those events are good racing. I am going to a world of outlaws event next month and looking forward to it. Those things fly.

Piranha:

Stewart Fined $50k and docked 25 Pts.

and Joe Gibbs docked 25 owner points.

This guy is spiraling out of control

.... and headed to Daytona where they'll be 3 wide in the tri-oval @ 190 mph. eek!

the 50K is chump change but the precious 25 points could loom large down the road. thinking

It will be interesting to see if he's gotta good car this weekend... and if he does... how many friends he has when it comes to the draft. Gotta find a friend for 80% of the race @ Daytona & Talledega... and his list is getting pretty short. lol

Down Goes Frazia:

Piranha:

.... and headed to Daytona where they'll be 3 wide in the tri-oval @ 190 mph. eek!

the 50K is chump change but the precious 25 points could loom large down the road. thinking

It will be interesting to see if he's gotta good car this weekend... and if he does... how many friends he has when it comes to the draft. Gotta find a friend for 80% of the race @ Daytona & Talledega... and his list is getting pretty short. lol

He always finds lots of friends when his car is working well and running fast.

He gets himself into trouble when his car is middle of the pack.

I think this team is in trouble with Gibbs heading back to Football.

Down Goes Frazia:

Piranha:

computer Didn't he draft with Junior at Daytona and Talledega and I think Junior left Mikey out to dry on one of those races. We will see Saturday. I love watching any race under the lights. cool_thu

Retrograde assault:

The list of guys who can win at this track is pretty long.

so lemme guess.... you're picking the trifecta for your boy ? shrug

3 in a row on a road course, plate track & fast track would be mighty impressive.

The list of drivers that could accomplish that feat is pretty short.

Down Goes Frazia:

Outshined:

Harvick dominates at this track.

I picked him for this race.

last year he ran outta gas in the last couple laps...... while leading BTW. I know - He won the two before though. Neuman won it. Last year it seemed he always could go an extra 5 laps on a tank of gas

What are your thoughts on Stewart bumping Kahne on the restart.

I don't think it was all Stewarts fault and I don't think he tried. It looked like Kahne missed a gear on the restart because he was almost 2 car lengths behind Jarrett. If Stewart would have checked, he would have been rearended. Stewart is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. His list of friends are even shorter now. I am sure we will here more this week.

Edit: I am not a Stewart fan and I am not defending him. He does drive stupid sometimes. He possibly could have avoided this wreck.

If you look at the video from behind Stewart there was no one else in the third grove. He could have checked up and been fine. Kahne had older tires and checked for the turn earlier. I think that Stewart has been soft handed to often by NASCAR and feels like he can get away with what ever he wants.

I don't like the 20 car and don't respect the driver.

Especially after the whole that could have hurt us just as bad. if it can hurt you don't run into the back of another car at a track where aeropush is a big problem.

I think that I would love to see Ray Evernham get ahold of Tony Stewart.

Geezuz H Chr*st ! did anyone see Earnhardt crash & burn @ Sonoma in that vette ? eek!

THAT was f*ck'in scary. when it burst into flames it looked like he was dazed or whatever 'cause he didn't move for a few second...... then it was asses & elbows trying to get out. Whoa.

Freak'in drivers can't get it outta their blood. Has only his 3rd (and last) weekend off all summer from the grind of the Nextel cup...... and flys from New Hasmpshire to Sonoma to race vettes..... Stewart is the same way.... guys are nuts.

He's lucky he didn't fry.