[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprises from my local draft tonight

Grits and Shins

- Name dropping was going on like crazy

This tops my list of pet peeves in regards to fantasy sports. When people mention undrafted players during a draft I get :wacko:

This tops my list of pet peeves in regards to fantasy sports. When people mention undrafted players during a draft I get :wacko:

last night in the 9th round a league member called out "hey, bier still needs a qb" with about 4-5 picks to get to me. 1st two guys go rb.... next 2 owners pick pennington, then hass right before me. i have never...... never experienced that since i started in 93. and this was a guy who has been playing for a long time and one of my closest friends. that was quite a surprise at my draft.

Edited by Bier Meister

Same here and I kept saying over and over, NO NAME DROPPING!! But the alcohol was way more effective than I could be last night. Last night the beer commished this local league.

last night in the 9th round a league member called out "hey, bier still needs a qb" with about 4-5 picks to get to me. 1st two guys go rb.... next 2 owners pick pennington, then hass right before me. i have never...... never experienced that since i started in 93. and this was a guy who has been playing for a long time and one of my closest friends. that was quite a surprise at my draft.

What did you say to him during or after the draft?

I'm embarrassed to type this...

Jonathon Stewart lasted until the 14th Round in our 10 Team Redraft. AND his name was dropped around the 12th. The second to last RB taken. McGahee was last...

Our league isn't made up of 9 other round the clock fantasy footballers, heck one guy doesn't even own a PC and calls me each sunday with his lineup. We do have a 5 RB limit rule but I still can't justify it. Redonkulous.

As Bushwacked said, none of those are surprises or headscratchers. Yeah VJax went a little early and Coles a little bit later but that's how it's been going.

You want surprises from a local draft? I had the 4th pick in a draft last night and these were my first 3 rounds-

1- MJD

2- Tomlinson

3- Westbrook

Sooo, I take it you snagged AD at #4?

My bad---just re-read it.....you got MJD at #4....

Edited by Dbaxx

I'm embarrassed to type this...

Jonathon Stewart lasted until the 14th Round in our 10 Team Redraft. AND his name was dropped around the 12th. The second to last RB taken. McGahee was last...

Our league isn't made up of 9 other round the clock fantasy footballers, heck one guy doesn't even own a PC and calls me each sunday with his lineup. We do have a 5 RB limit rule but I still can't justify it. Redonkulous.

You should be VERY embarrassed mister!!

that does suck and I am not saying its right but you play with fire you may get burned. If I was drafting ahead of you I may have spoiled your QB by picking one, but still it's not cool for others to point that out but we all know it does happen so likely we should expect it and not leave such a big bullseye.

I did that to my hubby, only after I drafted the players I needed :D I'm a mean wife, but I get beat, so I have a hugh grudge lol!!

Not sure what your scoring rules are but not sure how these are surprises. Looks like a blue print ADP.

+1

:wacko: at first I thought this was some noob posting but I am pretty sure i've seen grits and shins here for years......slow learner I guess....seriously dude, u need to stop relying soley on the huddle's projections and look at a real updated ADP which shows how the rest of the world is picking :D

Edited by dominatorr

+1

:wacko: at first I thought this was some noob posting but I am pretty sure i've seen grits and shins here for years......slow learner I guess....seriously dude, u need to stop relying soley on the huddle's projections and look at a real updated ADP which shows how the rest of the world is picking :D

My Local is always interesting..... It's a 14 team PPR (we lost 2 players this year)

1.02 - Drew Brees (it's only 4 points for Passing TD, You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE!)

2.14 - 3.01 Warner and Marshall (again, You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE!)

8.12 - I grabbed Knowshon Moreno????

11.03 - Cedric Benson (I had to grab him, the value was just tooo good)

It was just odd this year, WR and QBs were flying off the board early. So I had to buck the trend and went RB Heavy with the first 3 picks.

MJD

Brandon Jacobs

Ryan Grant

And I thought we lost the 2 weakest owners this year.....

Someone has subscribed to site that heavily promotes VBD, and he has done his homework on how to value players but has forgotten to do some homework on how to build a FF team and draft strategies.

It's been my experience that some time during the year another team will reward him for the boner he pulled in the draft and trade him a stud RB or WR for one of his QBs. In the meantime most if not all of the other teams ought to be stronger than his and he'll suffer - and maybe learn.

Not a single surpise in that bunch.

Mild suprises. But some owners reach when they want to acquire players they really like. The Brees owner knew he wouldn't last until the next turn - should have traded down a bit if he could. The Jackson owner? Must really like his chances this year, or WRs were flying off the board before his pick and he panicked a bit.

Again, people are reading FF sites and buying into some alternative strategies to the stud RB theory. That and the depth of RB this year have lead to different feasible strategies. If you did your homework, your should have expected this and used it against your leaguemates.

< shrug > Drafts are very dynamic things and I never really have a set strategy going in ... I try to draft best value will filling the needs of my team at the same time.

Just finished a draft of a new 14-team league, more or less standard Yahoo scoring.

Eli went 1.9

Big Ben went 1.11

Pittsburg Defense 2.4 (to the same guy that took Big Ben)

Ravens Defense 2.8

Rob Bironas 5.7

Michael Crabtree 6.9

It was a new league and it appeared as if everyone actually had played in a league before. But from those first few rounds, I'm pretty sure half the league is rookies.