[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever been really surprised at a draft?

DMD

In a 10 team league in it's 14th year (PPR & pass TDs are 6 pts) a veteran ownver went Adnre Johnson, Megatron, Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice and then Donovan McNabb.

We start 1 QB. I got the early picks and while it's not a great 1-2 punch at RB it's not an awful strategy espcieally with 2 studs at WR.

But, McNabb in the 6th?...when you've already got Aaron Rodgers? Hard to imagine he'll get great trade offers when QBs are 10-11 deep this year. I can't wait to catch up with him and ask about the strategy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished our draft last night, had 3 QBs, 6 RBs, 3 WRs in first round. Brees and Brady went at the 2nd and 4th picks. Rodgers at the 8th. AP, MJD, Forte, Turner, DWilliams, LT went 1,3,5,6,7,11 respectively. Fitz, AJ, RMoss, rounded out the 9,10,12 picks. Local PPR redraft league where QB gets 6pt TD and bonus point increase on length of TDs over 25yds. RB/WR are set up with same scoring. After 2 rounds only 1 of top 10 QBs (Huddle ranking) remained. Went after other positions and snagged Cutler in the 8th round.

TEAM

Cutler

Delhomme

Grant

Pierre Thomas

Leon Washington

Fitz

Wayne

Ted Ginn

SMoss

Tony Gonzalez

Shiancoe

Bironas

Feeley

Chargers

Bucs

Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,K,D

must have 1 back up each position

In my local we always have a guy that gets cute and takes a sleeper in the last rd. like AP or someone that couldn't possibly be there. Of course he acts like it was a joke and we have to wait another 10 min. for him to find someone worthy to draft. :wacko:

that seems to start around round four in all my drafts.

In the Weapons BOTH league, our own j2v's eyes must have lit up. This is a 16 team league and 2v had pick #14(my pick last year. I must say he did a hell of a lot better than me at that position). With the 1.14 he drafted Moss. Then when it came back around to him, AJ was still on the board. So 2v has 2 of the top 3 WRs(we only start 2). Yes, this left him pretty depleted at RB, but I'd have done the same thing if both of those players were available. It's all about value and 2v stole the show with those first 2 picks IMO. Well done 2v! :wacko: Glad I'm not in your division.

In the Weapons BOTH league, our own j2v's eyes must have lit up. This is a 16 team league and 2v had pick #14(my pick last year. I must say he did a hell of a lot better than me at that position). With the 1.14 he drafted Moss. Then when it came back around to him, AJ was still on the board. So 2v has 2 of the top 3 WRs(we only start 2). Yes, this left him pretty depleted at RB, but I'd have done the same thing if both of those players were available. It's all about value and 2v stole the show with those first 2 picks IMO. Well done 2v! :wacko: Glad I'm not in your division.

I miss that draft

14 person league, re-draft, snake

P.Rivers went #1, wow....

I had the 11th pick and ended up with Chris Johnson then LT at #18. Took Kevin Smith in the next round. Especially nice since we could only carry 3 rbs on our rosters. Oh...yeah!

14 person league, re-draft, snake

P.Rivers went #1, wow....

I had the 11th pick and ended up with Chris Johnson then LT at #18. Took Kevin Smith in the next round. Especially nice since we could only carry 3 rbs on our rosters. Oh...yeah!

:wacko::D

Just got back from one of my big money leagues. It is PPR with 6 point TDs for QBs and you can start 2 QBs so it shakes things up.

I pulled #6 of course so I figured I would take either Brees or Fitzgerald for various reasons.

Draft went like this:

1. M Jones-Drew

2. M Forte

3. D Brees (doh)

4. S Jax

5. L Tomlinson

notice a name missing? I got Adrian Peterson at the #6. I almost fell over.

I sometimes think people get so set into their strategy that they let great values pass them by since they were not planning on them. How fixed are you when you draft?

We had someone pick the Steelers D with the 5th overall Pick!

Seems to be one every year.

In my Family league one of the cousins kids joined us this year. Sure enough Philly's Def went to him in the 1st round and he snatched Mcnabb in the 2nd round.

The idiocy then carried over to my local draft last night where a new owner took Zach Miller in the 1st round. :wacko:

We had someone pick the Steelers D with the 5th overall Pick!

Was observing a draft Friday when the Steelers went 1.09, bad thing was I was just drinking a root beer and the shock caused me to cough and drink came out my nose.