[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please Help! 2009 Rookie Draft for Dynasty League

RedDevilz

Hello people. I have a 'rookie' draft for my 10-team dynasty league that starts tomorrow. I have 1st overall pick, as well as 4th, 8th, and 14th. I traded for 1st overall, at the time thinking it would be for Knowshow Moreno. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm tossing between Wells and Moreno. I'm hoping you guys can help me settle my dillema. I just can't decide. I also really like D.Brown and L.McCoy, but I know 1 of those 2 will fall to me at 4th overall....and I'll be happy with either one. I've even considered taking Brown or McCoy 1st overall. I'm also stuck with my 8th pick. I'm thinking James Davis and Glen Coffee will both be there at 8th overall. Who would you take out of these 2? My plan is to take 4 RBs with my 4 picks, just to stock up. Looking at my roster, is there a player other than a RB that you think I should grab at 8th and 14th? Considering the roster I have and the scoring system for my league, who would you take 1st, 4th, 8th, and 14th?

The scoring for my league does factor in points per reception, but it's 2 points per recpetion compared to 60 points for a TD...so the receptions don't make much difference. We do however get these points for returns:

-20 points for every Kick Return Attempt

1 point for every Kick Return Yard

60 points for every Kick Return TD

2 points for every Punt Return Yard

60 points for every Punt Return TD

Here is my roster:

K. Warner QB

J. Cutler QB

T. Edwards QB

D. Culpepper QB

V. Young QB

J. O'Sullivan QB

D. Stanton QB

M. Jones-Drew RB

Julius. Jones RB

M. Barber RB

W. McGahee RB

F. Jackson RB

L. Maroney RB

J. Harrison RB

K. Darby RB

Calvin. Johnson WR

B. Marshall WR

M. Colston WR

A.Gonzalez WR

D. Hester WR

D. Thomas WR

J. Carlson TE

M. Lewis TE

V. Davis TE

B. Watson TE

Bills D/ST

Dolphins D/ST

Well a few things...

One congratulations, because your team is stocked, so you are in great shape to have an aggressive rookie draft

For the first overall pick I'd go with Knowshon....Wells may have a better season this year, but over the next 3-5 years I think the ceiling for Moreno is higher and given your depth, you can take the risk.

Fourth pick...whatever you get of Brown or McCoy your happy with

Eighth pick...your teams weakness if it has one is at QB...Warner's got this season in the tank and then I'm going to assume he's done, Cutler will be solid, but nothing special in Chicago...maybe take a shot at Sanchez or Stafford...or perhaps trade down a few spots to grab one a bit later (unless you think one will be there at 14, which I tend to doubt)

Any chance to move one of these picks for next year, might be a bit rookie heavy for your dynasty planning to have all these cats on your team this year?

Best of Luck,

WashD

Well a few things...

One congratulations, because your team is stocked, so you are in great shape to have an aggressive rookie draft

For the first overall pick I'd go with Knowshon....Wells may have a better season this year, but over the next 3-5 years I think the ceiling for Moreno is higher and given your depth, you can take the risk.

Fourth pick...whatever you get of Brown or McCoy your happy with

Eighth pick...your teams weakness if it has one is at QB...Warner's got this season in the tank and then I'm going to assume he's done, Cutler will be solid, but nothing special in Chicago...maybe take a shot at Sanchez or Stafford...or perhaps trade down a few spots to grab one a bit later (unless you think one will be there at 14, which I tend to doubt)

Any chance to move one of these picks for next year, might be a bit rookie heavy for your dynasty planning to have all these cats on your team this year?

Best of Luck,

WashD

Thanks. I was considering Sanchez as a possibility....I might take him 8th if he is still there. It will be tough to pass on Davis or Coffee for Sanchez though. I think I'd rather try for Tebow next year. I agree that neither him or Stafford will be there at 14th. Even though I have Megatron, I don't think I want Stafford...I just have a bad feeling about him. Also, I'm not worried about my roster being rookie heavy with drafting 4 of them. The roster I posted actually has 3 open spots still. I'll only have to cut 1 of those guys from my roster. :wacko:

Well I took Moreno with 1st overall. It turned out to be an incredibly awesome choice!!! As it turns out, the guy who had #2 pick really wanted Moreno, so he traded the #2 pick to another guy in my league. That guy then made me a wicked offer that I just couldn't refuse. I made this trade:

K.Moreno

D.Hester (has good value with the return points in our league)

B.Watson

For

B.Westbrook

O.Daniels

#2 overall

#20 overall

#30 overall

2nd round pick in 2010

I'm pumped!