ESPN can burn in hell

Chief Dick

So my 4 year old is in the house tonight, swinging his baseball bat and pretending to be playing a game. He says:

"And now, introducing the Red Sox in high definition."

Just kill me now. :wacko:

Awe...some.

:D

So my 4 year old is in the house tonight, swinging his baseball bat and pretending to be playing a game. He says:

"And now, introducing the Red Sox in high definition."

Just kill me now. :wacko:

If that's the best reason you have to hate ESPN, you haven't been paying attention for about oh the last 10-15 years.

If that's the best reason you have to hate ESPN, you haven't been paying attention for about oh the last 10-15 years.

No joke...baseball hilights by Berman is what put them on the map for me, long ago. But that is long ago and now they I feel that they fabricate sports stories (like the 'noone in the locker room likes Favre' story) or that they instigate so much drama with the Ocho Cinco's of the world. They have gone from Sportscenter to a huge staff of hungry reporters all wanting to be famous. And getting atheletes like Emmitt Smith to be on the camera is so fake. I can't figure out who I dislike more... Ed Werder or that Gonzalez guy who is always in the San Fran Bay area...

One other thing, the in studio mini football field where Tom Jackson and Jaworski/Keyshawn try to show you insider insight is ridiculous.

No joke...baseball hilights by Berman is what put them on the map for me, long ago. But that is long ago and now they I feel that they fabricate sports stories (like the 'noone in the locker room likes Favre' story) or that they instigate so much drama with the Ocho Cinco's of the world. They have gone from Sportscenter to a huge staff of hungry reporters all wanting to be famous. And getting atheletes like Emmitt Smith to be on the camera is so fake.
I was thinking "stupid," but OK.

It's a shining example of what's wrong with sports now to a large extent (not everything but any means, but...) ie the whole jokey circus clown idiocy. In fact it contributed to it.

It was actually fine at first, because Berman was funny (many might not admit it now, but almost all sports fans loved him initially) and it did add a little "flair" to sports reporting. But it went way too far way too quickly and became a caricature. As far as I'm concerned they might as well wear those silly jester hats with the bells on the end and have a drummer doing the "ba dum tsssh" thing at the end of every so-called punchline. haw hyuk. :wacko: And as you say it's so much about this soap opera BS about all the egomaniac drama queen aholes doing whatever ridiculous BS they're doing (up to and including how much jail time they might do for all kinds of unbelievable BS). Sorry I'm just interested in hearing about the game.

Worse, since they did get so popular, the other networks followed suit. I used to love watching pre-game shows; haven't for years. Then you get the post-game and the even bigger circus clown playahs w/their gay end zone antics etc. wtho - pass. I'd rather mow the lawn. In fact, if not for FF I'd barely even pay attention to the NFL. GB college ball.

OK mint-rant over. Yeah I know a lot of people like it, I'm a dinosaur, etc etc - np, to each their own

Edited by BeeR