[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy Williams

CG1

OK, so Caddy is looking good - is he worth picking up?

I have a TE bye week cover sitting on my bench and I am thinking of dropping him for Caddy -- would like some input. My main TE is Gates, and if I go without a TE in week 5 I really don't care, unless there is not much upside to Caddy....any advice would be appreicated !

Personally after seeing Caddy play against Miami I think he's def. worth picking up if you have a TE that you could drop. I grabbed him myself the day coach Morriss said he would be starting. I feel like the Bucs would not have started him if they weren't seeing great things out of him in practice. He would have been like any other 3rd string back and would have received his reps with the 2nd and 3rd teamers. In Tampa's style of one cut running it suits Caddy and Ward more than Graham. I can see Graham beeing moved back to FB. If Caddy continues to run like he did against Miami there's no way he'll be on the bench watching. I would grab him and watch this last pre-season game to see if he can reprodce last weeks production and if for some strange reason he looks bad in his second outing Im sure your spare TE will be out there.

OK, so Caddy is looking good - is he worth picking up?

I have a TE bye week cover sitting on my bench and I am thinking of dropping him for Caddy -- would like some input. My main TE is Gates, and if I go without a TE in week 5 I really don't care, unless there is not much upside to Caddy....any advice would be appreicated !

Cadillac has limited upside. He may get some reps and he may generate a small number of FF points each week with the potential for a few decent games, but you have to look at the whole scenario....He's got two other first line backs in the mix with him, so it's extremely unlikely he's going to get more than 10 carries in a game...let's say he averages 4.5 yards a carry (which would be exceptional for him)...that means he's generating 45 yards a game rushing, with the occasional TD, though you'd assume the bigger back Graham gets more of the goal line action.

In very deep leagues and in dynasty formats I think he's worth a flyer, but in re-draft, I wouldn't get too excited from his one showing given how much competition there will be for touches in that Tampa Bay backfield.

Best of Luck,

WashD

I see this being 0 risk since were talking about dropping a back-up TE. You'll be pissed when you look back and realize you had the chance to have at worst a mediocre producing RB vs a back-up TE. Caddy was a 1st Rd pick! He's no surprise undrafted FA.

ACK. two conflicting replies.....anyone else? My TE is crap and my Def bye week comes before my TE - so I dump the TE for Caddy and then dump the def cover to replace the TE before Gate's bye week 5.

Sorry for the multiple post but what is your leagues scoring system as far as TD and points per yds.

I see this being 0 risk since were talking about dropping a back-up TE. You'll be pissed when you look back and realize you had the chance to have at worst a mediocre producing RB vs a back-up TE. Caddy was a 1st Rd pick! He's no surprise undrafted FA.

Sorry for the multiple post but what is your leagues scoring system as far as TD and points per yds.

I have Gates (bye week 5) back up is Fasano. This is a PPR, with standard performance scoring.

I have two stud backs (slaton & tomlinson) but my back up is Well's (nothing else) I got hosed on RB's after taking Brady rather than Ryan Grant when my pick came around in the third. this is a 12 man league with each team retaining two keepers (slaton was my keeper).

I think I hold off on Caddy if were talking Fasano. Miami loves to throw to him in the redzone. I know he's a back-up TE to Gates on your team but he'll be picked up way before Caddy if you were to let him go. I have Caddy on my team because im in a 12 man league with 20 roster spots and he's someone worth taking a flyier on. Dont sleep on him but hold onto Fasano for now. If he has a big game or begins to get a heavy share of the carries early in the season I would then reconsider dropping Fasano for him. The 3 RB system in Tampa will probably keep most people from him and buried in FA.

I have Gates (bye week 5) back up is Fasano. This is a PPR, with standard performance scoring.

I have two stud backs (slaton & tomlinson) but my back up is Well's (nothing else) I got hosed on RB's after taking Brady rather than Ryan Grant when my pick came around in the third. this is a 12 man league with each team retaining two keepers (slaton was my keeper).