[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flowers for female friend's birthday advise needed

Guggs

Just curious if anyone could help me out. I have a co-worker who I have worked with for 5 months, her and I have been flirting for almost that entire time and now have gone on 1 official date, her birthday is coming up and I would like to get her flowers. Obviously a dozen red roses is too much... anyone have any advise for a guy who doesn't have much knowledge on flowers? What kind should I get her in this situation? Thanks!

Maybe not the best place to ask for this kind of advise, but just curious if anyone has any ideas. :wacko:

Just curious if anyone could help me out. I have a co-worker who I have worked with for 5 months, her and I have been flirting for almost that entire time and now have gone on 1 official date, her birthday is coming up and I would like to get her flowers. Obviously a dozen red roses is too much... anyone have any advise for a guy who doesn't have much knowledge on flowers? What kind should I get her in this situation? Thanks!

Maybe not the best place to ask for this kind of advise, but just curious if anyone has any ideas. :wacko:

Is this budding office romance something you want to announce out loud to the rest of the company?

While I don't think it's so bad to date at work, I agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't send the flowers to work right now. It's sort of "claims" her, which is something that might make her feel uncomfortable and back fire. Once you're officially a couple, that's another thing entirely.

If I were you, I'd do something a bit more subtle, and like was already mentioned, just take her out again for her b-day.

I agree not to do it at work. I am not sure of your work setting but it could be something the boss may not take kindly too and it might make for a wierd office dynamic. You can just give her flowers outside the office. White roses might be nice right now. White roses say " I didnt give you red roses but I enjoy plowing you"

If you must get flowers, stick to yellow or white roses.

But I agree with everyone else. Just ask her out again for her b-day.

Flowers can make you look kind of corny and are not always the most thoughtful gift either, and they die quickly. My suggestion would be to cook her a nice dinner at your place; if you're not at that stage in your relationship yet, then dinner out. Pick a non-Fridays type of restaurant that you've been to before so you can tell her you picked it because XXX is delicious and the atmosphere is good or whatever. Hand her a funny card during dinner. You don't want to go overboard. The dinner will be more memorable than flowers and shows you're more thoughtful. Also if you're trying to move things along physically, this is a better option than flowers, IMO.

Not even "why's it gotta be". Chicks try to read the meaning into everything. God forbid the tint of the roses be the wrong hue. You are destined for dumpage.

+1,000,000. Flowers can also signal that you're trying too hard, and IMO, after one date, really are a colossal mistake. Granted, I'm missing a lot of details on the people involved, but I'm assuming the woman is in her 20s or 30s, attractive, and not a librarian or avid quilter. Sure, some girls may still get weak in the knees when the bouquet arrives, but I think it's more appropriate when things are more serious already.

Wow, a lot of responses!

She is in her mid 20's, attractive. There are only 12 of us that work there. Our boss, she was instrumental in "getting us together" actually. If I did get her flowers and had them delivered, the only was our co-workers would know they were from me is if she told them. Most of our co-workers feel we should have started dating a long time ago and wish we just would already. I'm just taking it slow, no hurry. A lot of negatives towards flowers however! I do apprecitate the honesty!

Wow, a lot of responses!

She is in her mid 20's, attractive. There are only 12 of us that work there.

Wow, small shop. I dated a few women I met at work and found it to be a great place to get to know someone. But I worked for large companies with lots of single people. Pretty much everyone was either dating someone there or had in the past, so it wasn't a huge deal.

Should be fine if you are both mature enough to keep personal life separate from work, whether things are going well, or if there a fight or a breakup. My biggest concerns would be if she comes off as even the slightest bit neurotic, because she might turn something small into a huge office drama, or worse, if you are not the kind of guy who can stay faithful or who might lead her on. Then prepare for all the women in the office to cease talking to you for about a year.

Normally, no flowers after one date. However, since its her birthday, I'd go with a nice, mixed bouquet - no roses. Nothing extravagant.

I'd don't think that I'd send them to the office either.

Why are you taking it slow? If she's attractive, she'll be dating someone else before too long. She'll also assume you're not interested if you're not pursuing. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. What better opportunity than her birthday to take her out and make her feel special.

I don't think flowers are necessarily a bad idea. sounds like the dynamic is a little different than a typical one-date stage thing. I just wouldn't send them to work, that really could create some weirdness.

I agree though, the best thing to do would be to ask her out to celebrate her birthday, and then BRING a nice little non-rose bouquet when you come to pick her up or whatever.