[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flowers for female friend's birthday advise needed

Guggs

Why are you taking it slow? If she's attractive, she'll be dating someone else before too long. She'll also assume you're not interested if you're not pursuing. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. What better opportunity than her birthday to take her out and make her feel special.

:wacko:

I wouldn't mix the request for a 2nd date with the birthday gesture. Which reason are you really sending the flowers for?

In either event, it's probably too soon for you to BRING her flowers to work. You can have them delivered to the office (or her home) with a stealth card so she'll know its from you, but doesn't make this a public issue for all your co-workers... unless SHE chooses to make it so. But after just one date, she might want to keep things on the down low for now. Or maybe not. IMO, I'd just structure things so she gets to make that decision for herself, is all.

Edited by yo mama

If you must get flowers, stick to yellow or white roses.

But I agree with everyone else. Just ask her out again for her b-day.

The first time I gave my wife flower(s), I gave her a single white rose. I always liked white roses more than red. It was a hit. At our wedding, there was a single white rose on each table.

Aside from that trip down memory lane, I agree with giving her flowers, I just wouldn't have them delivered at work.

You can have them delivered to the office (or her home) with a stealth card so she'll know its from you, but doesn't make this a public issue for all your co-workers... unless SHE chooses to make it so.

even with the stealth card, I don't agree. it sounds like there's already a good amount of talk around the office about the two of them. if flowers show up for her, and assuming that among the 10 or so other people in the office there are at least a couple other chicks, there's going to be speculation about who sent them. someone will ask her, someone may ask him....and it basically becomes the exact sort of potentially uncomfortable situation everyone here is telling him to avoid.

Edited by Azazello1313

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with Pink flowers, It can be for "friendship" and "love". Plus, i believe all girls love pink so she will definitely like it. But if you want it to be safe then go with the yellow flower..You can also seduce her with "black roses" hehehehe...If you are looking for florist who can send it to her, you may want to check out this site: Flowers and Gift coupons for bigger savings.

• 3 weeks later...
Gold Roses with/or Stargazers waiting at her appt. Also, see what she will be doing for her BDay, if she is with friends don't go meet her out unless you are with friends. Otherwise, she might be bored or lonely and want a date. Good luck.

sooooo romantic, why don't you practice what you preach 4 a change? :wacko: