[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First and only draft

eddieo

This isn't your typical league. There are 16 teams, and we gets points for return yards. We can start 2 QBs. This is also a salary based keeper league with kept players salaries increasing by 10%. Salary cap is $61.5m. The salaries listed are based on a third party source. Rest of scoring...

25 passing yards per point

10 rushing/receiving yards per point

20 return yards per point

6 points all TD

Here's how the draft unfolded with pick 13...

1. (13) Aaron Rodgers ($8.25m)

2. (20) Andre Johnson ($8.00m)

3. (45) David Garrard ($6.35m)

4. (52) Chad Ochocinco ($5.50m)

5. (77) Darren Sproles ($4.85m)

6. (84) Steve Breaston ($2.00m)

7. (109) Donald Brown ($3.50m)

8. (116) Jamaal Charles ($4.00m)

9. (141) LeSean McCoy ($3.50m)

10. (148) Johnnie Lee Higgins($3.00m)

11. (173) Jerome Harrison ($3.75m)

12. (180) Brent Celek ($2.00m)

13. (205) Seattle ($2.40m)

14. (212) Robbie Gould ($1.45m)

Right at my 2nd pick, I lost internet connection! With 90 seconds per pick, I did not have enough time to return and make the pick I wanted. I wanted to take another QB, but instead I auto-drafted Andre Johnson. At least it wasn't a terrible auto-draft pick, so I wasn't too disappointed going into the third round, where I took the next best QB available. So my team looks like this...

QB - Aaron Rodgers

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Chad Ochocinco

WR - Steve Breaston

RB - Darren Sproles

RB - Donald Brown

TE - Brent Celek

W/R - Jamaal Charles

Q/W/R/T - David Garrard

BN - LeSean McCoy

BN - Johnnie Lee Higgins

BN - Jerome Harrison

K - Robbie Gould

DEF - Seattle

I'll drop Jerome Harrison for Bernard Scott (free agents RB receive a $1.00m value), assuming no one picks him up on waivers. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

Generally you always wanta go RB with your first pick unless the scoring is heavily geared towards the passing game but your in a standard scoring league...the only time you go qb in the first round would be if you can get Manning, Brady, and maybe Brees...but even a lot of people like me don't go for those guys in the first they still get a rb.

Rodgers is a good qb but you took him a little early, I like Garrard to bounce back this year if they can keep him upright...so qbs are good.

Rbs...you have some issues. None of those guys are starters. Sproles is good since you get points for returns and if LT goes down then Sproles will see a lot more touches. Brown will have a chance to see somewhere around 1000 yards but isn't a stud and not a lock for that. Lesean McCoy and Harrison won't see enough touches to be a starter on your team or even a fill in unless injuries force them into the starting lineup.

WRs...your solid here. I like Johnson, Ocho Cinco, and Breaston. I'd try to trade either Johnson or Ocho Cinco in conjunction with one of your rbs to upgrade your rb core. Johnnie Lee Higgins has little value as a reciever because he won't see enough balls but has value as a return man.

K-kickers aren't real players but you picked a good one.

DST-Seatle is gonna suck this year...see if a team like Miami, Raiders, 49ers...even the Colts...I think any of those 4 teams are better defensive units than the Seahawks.

I hope I helped, really not a overall bad team but the elephant in the room is definently your rb core. Both those guys run behind injury plagued starters so they could end up having big years but your taking a gamble. Brown and Sproles have both looked great in the preseason.

Generally you always wanta go RB with your first pick unless the scoring is heavily geared towards the passing game but your in a standard scoring league...the only time you go qb in the first round would be if you can get Manning, Brady, and maybe Brees...but even a lot of people like me don't go for those guys in the first they still get a rb.

Rodgers is a good qb but you took him a little early, I like Garrard to bounce back this year if they can keep him upright...so qbs are good.

Rbs...you have some issues. None of those guys are starters. Sproles is good since you get points for returns and if LT goes down then Sproles will see a lot more touches. Brown will have a chance to see somewhere around 1000 yards but isn't a stud and not a lock for that. Lesean McCoy and Harrison won't see enough touches to be a starter on your team or even a fill in unless injuries force them into the starting lineup.

WRs...your solid here. I like Johnson, Ocho Cinco, and Breaston. I'd try to trade either Johnson or Ocho Cinco in conjunction with one of your rbs to upgrade your rb core. Johnnie Lee Higgins has little value as a reciever because he won't see enough balls but has value as a return man.

K-kickers aren't real players but you picked a good one.

DST-Seatle is gonna suck this year...see if a team like Miami, Raiders, 49ers...even the Colts...I think any of those 4 teams are better defensive units than the Seahawks.

I hope I helped, really not a overall bad team but the elephant in the room is definently your rb core. Both those guys run behind injury plagued starters so they could end up having big years but your taking a gamble. Brown and Sproles have both looked great in the preseason.

Thank you and I agree with your analysis. By tomorrow morning, Harrison and Higgins should be gone for Bernard Scott and Andre Davis (WR3 and KR in Houston as of now). I like Seattles defense for week 1, they face the Rams. It was either them, or the Cardinals against San Fran. I'll probably go defense by week based on matchups. Miami was drafted, Oakland faces SD, San Fran plays Arizona, and Indy was drafted. My RB combo isn't great to start the season, but I still have an RB1-highRB2 in Sproles. By mid season, I imagine disaster to fall on Benson, LJ, or Westbrook, and then I will have 2 solid RB to count on. Until then, I think I'll be alright and can hold my own. Thanks again though! Much appreciated.