[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Performance PPR + QB Heavy Mock has me thinking

Sprtfan

1/10 point for rush and receive yards, 1/20 point for passing yards, -3 points for interceptions, all TDs 6 points, all 2 pt conversions are 2 points for each player, receptions = 1 point. start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 2Flex, 1TE, 1PK Flex = WR, RB, or TE

12 team league

With the QB heaving scoring system I was thinking of taking a QB early ,but with the added need for depth at WR/RB since we start a combo of 6 I was not sure how to balance the need for depth with the advantage of having a top QB. The mock has 3 QBs in the first round which seems a little much to me with the leagues starter requirments. How fair do you think they should drop? How would starting 6 WR/RB effect when you would take a QB? Thanks

Edited by Sprtfan

Unless you get Brees in the middle of the first round I would stick to a normal philosophy on your draft. Chances are other teams will pick up the QB's early and you can snatch up additional value at RB and WR.

I'm in a similar league, and because the scoring is QB-heavy, the top tier QBs tend to go early. I just drafted at #10 and the first round was 6 RBs and 3 QBs. I took Fitz, then got Moss on the wrap around. Much better than drafting whichever RBs or QBs are left, IMO. With so many starting WRs and only one starting QB and RB req'd, I say wait on those and take the top WRs (if they are left to you).

p.s. I still ended up with McNabb, and added Calvin at WR. Not bad at all. At my weakest position, RB, I drafted heavy on in later rounds (when no one needs RBs anymore) and ended up with Pierre, K.Smith, Rice, and Beanie Wells. If any of those RBs puts up even close to top 10 numbers, I will be in very good shape. I know people really value RBs, but if you're picking mid/late in this type of league, I say take advantage of the top tier players left to you, and don't force yourself into reaching for a mediocre RB too early, especially in a PPR league, because there are always some non-catching RBs that get drafted too high for PPR. Good luck.

I'm in a similar league, and because the scoring is QB-heavy, the top tier QBs tend to go early. I just drafted at #10 and the first round was 6 RBs and 3 QBs. I took Fitz, then got Moss on the wrap around. Much better than drafting whichever RBs or QBs are left, IMO. With so many starting WRs and only one starting QB and RB req'd, I say wait on those and take the top WRs (if they are left to you).

p.s. I still ended up with McNabb, and added Calvin at WR. Not bad at all. At my weakest position, RB, I drafted heavy on in later rounds (when no one needs RBs anymore) and ended up with Pierre, K.Smith, Rice, and Beanie Wells. If any of those RBs puts up even close to top 10 numbers, I will be in very good shape. I know people really value RBs, but if you're picking mid/late in this type of league, I say take advantage of the top tier players left to you, and don't force yourself into reaching for a mediocre RB too early, especially in a PPR league, because there are always some non-catching RBs that get drafted too high for PPR. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I have been in the league for a few years and have always taken my QB late and filled up on WR early. The rest of the league has started taking WR early also and was thinking I might have to change things up a bit to stay on top. As always, it will depend on how the others around me draft but I was debating after seeing the mock if I would be better off taking the 4th QB or what could be a WR in the mid teens.