[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT

crypticfball

I have the #3 pick in our serpentine draft. This is a 10 team standard scoring league, NO PPR. We start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, D, K. QBs are 1pt per 30yds passing. I'm pretty set on drafting RB first obviously but then two WRs in rounds #2 and #3.

My issue is this:

I'm pretty sure the first two picks will go Peterson, then MJD (possibly Turner). I'm not sold on Forte who seems to be consistently in top 4-5 on various draft boards. I'm strugging whether to take L.T. at #3. He is healthy, has awesome O-line to run behind, etc.

Why should I not take him over someone like Turner, or Forte, or others at #3?

Thanks for your help on this one!

Cheers

I would seriously consider trading down to the latter part of the draft. You could secure another pick and then go ahead and draft WR/WR, get a solid RB in the 3rd and have 2 4th round picks.

Other than that, there is nothing stopping anybody from drafting LT this year. In a league that was drafted 2 months ago, I got LT at 2.7 lol. 2.7!!!! He has obviously risen since, but the prenotion that he is washed up was a HUGH oversight.

LT dropped in my lap, so I had to take him. All the same, I'm not crazy about having him. True, he was banged up last year, but I do think LT is past his expiration date. The o-line is not what it once was, and the personality of that offense has definitely changed. LT's got a lot of miles on him, and he's a major risk. I'm shocked at how many people think LT can improve on last year. There are definitely people (outside of Huddle) who are down on LT. For me, I wouldn't take him until the end of Rd 1 in a snake.

In our auction draft, LT has gone for $38 - 42 the last few years . . . this year I got him for $22. Bout the same price as Westbrook or Portis.

3 is not a great spot this year, but I'd take Forte at 3. For all the buzz on Turner, he never really shined all the much against decent defenses. He had several monster games against horrible defenses that padded his stats. So, with the rough run schedule they face this year, I expect Turner owners are in for a rude awakening.

Good luck to you, Holmes.

In a non PPR format you can't ignore Turner at #3....ignore the curse talk and focus on the fact that he's in an offense that's improving, he was an absolute beast last year, and he gets every 1st, 2nd, and goal line touch. In that format I'd be thrilled to grab Turner at three.

I don't love how Forte runs the ball and if you take away his receptions some of his value goes down so he's a non starter for me at 3 in non PPR.

Tomlinson would be a solid pick, some good upside there if he can return to form, but obvious risk with injury and age.

I just would have a hard time taking him over Turner

Best of Luck,

WashD

(Check out my new blog post if you get a chance!)

Between Turner, Forte, and LT, overall it's probably a toss-up depending on preference, but I actually would take Turner & Forte over LT.

Turner & Forte are getting stronger & more experienced, both their offenses should be better than last year (Atl with Gonzo & Chi with Cutler), and each is the undisputed #1 RB on their teams. LT, on the other hand, has peaked career-wise, plays on a good offense (but not significantly improved), has been injury-prone, and is losing more touches to the explosive Sproles every year (actually started with Turner). For a 1st round pick, those are significant risks, IMO. Good luck.

Between Turner, Forte, and LT, overall it's probably a toss-up depending on preference, but I actually would take Turner & Forte over LT.

Turner & Forte are getting stronger & more experienced, both their offenses should be better than last year (Atl with Gonzo & Chi with Cutler), and each is the undisputed #1 RB on their teams. LT, on the other hand, has peaked career-wise, plays on a good offense (but not significantly improved), has been injury-prone, and is losing more touches to the explosive Sproles every year (actually started with Turner). For a 1st round pick, those are significant risks, IMO. Good luck.

If I had to stay at 3, I would take LT without hesitation. My first choice would be to trade out because I think there is good value later and the #3 spot has the least amount of value in the draft. One of the questions raised with LT is that he loses touches to Sproles..... Peterson loses touches to Chester Taylor but no one seems to mind. Tomlinson's numbers last year were still good for the #6 RB overall even with all the injuries and the "loss of touches" to Sproles. He may be on the wrong side of 30 and have a lot of miles on his tires, but a true professional like LT has somehting to prove this year in my opinion.

My case against Forte: The offense will be improved, but Cutler rarely throws to his RB's. That is a knock to Forte's value as well as the word out of Bears camp of getting Kevin Jones more involved which will also cut into Forte's touches. To me Forte is a grinder, not really explosive... a hard sell at #3 in my opinion.... not to mention only a one year proven talent.

My case against Turner: Same as Forte.... one year of proof. A brutal schedule and very rarely does a team that comes out of nowhere like the Falcons did, have as good a year once they are on everyone's radar. I like Turner at #3 better than Forte, but I wouldn't take either there ahead of LT.

Edited by Coach1310

LT went 9th in my local league and since I had 7th pick in a WCOFF sat league yesterday and was planning on taking LT he got picked at 5 what a shock not.

So I took....Randy Moss!!!!!!!!!!

I have 3 teams so far.....I have 3 teams with Randy Moss on them so far.

How many teams will I get him on this year ? I won't get him on as many as I did in 2007 when I had him in about 15 leagues because I took him in rounds 4 and 5 that year.

This year I have paid a 1st round price each time. I hope in 1 of my drafts I get the 12/13 and he falls to me that would be a huge coop!

I was tempted to let Moss go at 7 and see if he came back to me at 18 but then decided not to risk it.

6/90 2 TD's in under a half in NE's key game.

I did pass on Brady in round 2 that was hard I want that combo somewhere but I thought maybe he would fall back to me in round 3 beacuse of his "injury" but no dice.

Oh this is a thread about LT ? oops

I would take Turner. The Falcons have enough of a passing game with Gonzo coming in that Turner will not get the wear and tear he had last year. The thing is he'll probably have just as good a year. People aren't going to be testing Ryan and the passing game like they did last year. Ryan proved enough to discourage 8 in the box like they did against him last year. Thus, a more productive Turner with less effort... My opinion anyway.