[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Ethics

Coach1310

One thing that irks me about Fantasy Football is how some owners have no ethics in regard to trading. We used to have a league vote, but it turned into I don't like you so I'm not voting for the trade etc.... We have no such rules anymore. What are others theories on making trades? I will never make a trade with another team if I think what I am giving them, in my mind, will propel them to a league title. Say.... in Week 11, someone offers you Frank Gore for Calvin Johnson, when Calvin Johnson will become the missing piece and make his new team the frontrunner. Just my opinion.... do others take into consideration or am I off base??

We have gone back and forth with veto power. The past few years our policy has been that the commish can seek advice from 1 other owner regarding the viability of a trade. I have been consulted twice and have given fair advice - as long as both teams benefit, it can be allowed. No fire sales allowed and no collusion - not easy to prove, but still out there with the amount of money involved.

Hope it helps

We have commissioner trade review, and if he is involved, we let someone else review it. Trades are rare, so it doesn't come into play much. But, since we are friends, I think we keep things pretty above-board, especially since it is hard to fill the league some years, so we don't want someone bailing because they are ticked off about a trade that took place.

we hardly ever trade. everyone's so paranoid that the're getting screwed that even fair trades get declined. but to answer your question, we have a voting process set up. six of the remaining 10 teams (12 team league) have to vote no to have trade cancelled.