[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for my 1st round pick, for a 2nd and 3rd round pick?

Barleyman

We are in a 16 team league, and I have a trade offer for my 1st round pick, for his 2nd and 3rd round pick.

We are pick 6 and 7 respectively.

Any thoughts?

Hmmmm...whenever I trade down in the 1st, I always try to get there first in return. That isn't the case here...you are giving him back to back first rounders and getting back to back 2nd/3rd picks. I'd ask for a 5th or 6th as well. Especially in a 16 teamer.

I did this last year in a 12 team league. I got a 2, 3, and 4 for my 1st(#3). I had to give him my 6th rounder as well.

I have analyzed the trade a year later, and I would do it again. Especially this year with the 2nd and 3rd round picks are pretty deep in my opinion. I offered up the same trade to the same guy this year and he turned it down.

I don't know if it is worth if with just a 2nd and 3rd. See if you can squeeze one more pick out of him. Not sure if you have done it, but do a mock draft so you can see what kind of guys you think will be available at those spots.