[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this trade vetoable?

robert terni

So this teams taking advantage of a NEWBIE who has never done fantasy football before. And note these 2 teams are brothers..Well anyways its a PPR league 6 pts for tds and 1 pt for every 10 yards..the one team is trading Jermichael finley and driver for Gates...Note if this trade goes down the NEWbies only TE will be Finley. Is this uneven?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Do not veto any trade ever for any reason (except in cases where collusion can be proven).

2) Do not invite morons back next year (whether the moron is the poacher or the poachee).

Edited by muck

Shady? Maybe.

Uneven? Yes.

That being said, I've seen more lopsided trades. Doesn't look like a "balance of power" changing trade.

Like Muck said. . .don't have them back next year. But don't veto it.

ETA: Oh, and start making trade offers to the guy who gave up Gates. NOW.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Whoa whoa whoa - this trade isn't THAT uneven! Last year, Donald Driver got 74rec, 1012yrds, 5TDs, while Gates had 60rec, 704yrds, 8 TDs. There's not a lot of difference there. I understand that Gates to Finley is a clear downgrade at TE, but isn't it possible the person thinks that the WR will be more valuable overall? Besides, he could be buying the hype that Finley will be a super-sleeper this year and kick butt - not saying he will be, but there is talk about it.

No on the veto. It may not be even, but it's not completely unbelievably unfair.

there was a trade in a dynasty league I run towards the end of the 2007

It essentially boilded down to....

Addai (who had been tearing it up)

for

DeAngelo Williams (who had done nothing) and Michael Turner (who was a backup)

People were up in arms and wanted to overturn the trade. The folk around here had gotten to me over the years. You do not overturn trades. Owners should be able to make decisions they feel help their team. We don't change people's lineups that we don't like - so why should we do it with trades.

Well - you can see how that worked out.

by the by - do you recall when Gates first came into the league. He was a nobody. Likely had a promising preseason, but a nobody power forward basketball player. This owner could have just traded for the next Gates. Man - would you all look like aholes if that were the case.

You don't veto trades unless somebody is cheating

So this teams taking advantage of a NEWBIE who has never done fantasy football before. And note these 2 teams are brothers..Well anyways its a PPR league 6 pts for tds and 1 pt for every 10 yards..the one team is trading Jermichael finley and driver for Gates...Note if this trade goes down the NEWbies only TE will be Finley. Is this uneven?

Please tell everyone here exactly how Gates, Driver, & Finley will perform this season since you obviously know beyond any reasonable doubt.

Whoa whoa whoa - this trade isn't THAT uneven! Last year, Donald Driver got 74rec, 1012yrds, 5TDs, while Gates had 60rec, 704yrds, 8 TDs. There's not a lot of difference there. I understand that Gates to Finley is a clear downgrade at TE, but isn't it possible the person thinks that the WR will be more valuable overall? Besides, he could be buying the hype that Finley will be a super-sleeper this year and kick butt - not saying he will be, but there is talk about it.

No on the veto. It may not be even, but it's not completely unbelievably unfair.

ya

it's not that bad of a trade. In 12 team league there WILL be some good TEs on the wire. No matter what you think, Gates is not the gates of 5 years ago he's still good but realy 20 TEs will be scoring (Average) 11 points per game +/- 2 points

I was thinking the team getting Driver/Finley mad out a little better, Driver mayl score MORE points than Gates this year, Gates value is he's a TE but there are quite a few to go around. Last year I played hold the TEs to keep them away from other people, I had Witten, Daniels (he was all over the waiver wire last year) and Miller (oak) also a WW pick for me.

Edited by rai

If this is a money league, you should have detailed rules in writing, and these rules should be distributed to all owners and acknowledged annually, before the draft. Included in the rules should be an extensive section involving trades, what is and is not allowed. Then the commish can decide what is "vetoable", without having to consult strangers who are not familiar with your league or its owners.

this is a money league and these 2 teams are brothers! Even at the draft the NEWBIE said hes just doing it for fun that the money is no object to him! With that said it can be a possiblity that hes just helping his little brother out...but now i guess the trade is Winslow Finley and driver for gates this Walker guy thats on the jags and steve heiden ..so if this is true then i guess its not that bad...the team thats gettn gates will opnly have fitz braylon edwards and the giants steve smith and that walker guy as his WRS. So i guess its not bad