[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Fred Taylor for.....?

stokers

I drafted Fred Taylor only because I was under pressure to pick a player. Now I'm looking to drop him.

Here are some of the players that I'm thinking about getting for him. It's a ppr league.

LeSean McCoy

Chester Taylor

Glen Coffee

Rashard Mendenhall

Larry Johnson (was just dropped yesterday) not big on him

Le'Ron McClain

Muhsin Muhammad

Got it...

So your WRs are very deep and solid so I would look to swap out Freddy for another RB versus going for more depth at the WR spot.

Assuming this is a redraft league you are looking for potential home run hitters with that last spot

So for me I'd rank them

Larry Johnson- he's still the starter, has the most talent on that list and who knows he may even decide he likes playing football again

LeSean McCoy - might get some reps as the a change of pace back for Westbrook and when Brian goes down he'll probably shoulder the load so you'll have some good games there out of him

You need an injury for any of the other guys to have much value besides very low end spot starting (Mendy for goal line, Taylor for 3rd down and PPR)

If it was me, I'd pick up LJ and not think twice about it, when he was on the field last year he averaged 4.5 yards per carry, that's not too shabby, if he can stay healthy, out of trouble, and somewhat motivated, he's a great guy to have as your #3 RB after Chis Johnson and Kevin Smith.

Best of Luck,

WashD

Don't be so quick to grab LJ

In a ppr I grab LaSean or Chester over LJ

look at LJs schedule up to the bye week

1 Sep. 13 @ Baltimore Ravens

2 Sep. 20 Oakland Raiders

3 Sep. 27 @ Philadelphia Eagles

4 Oct. 04 New York Giants

5 Oct. 11 Dallas Cowboys

6 Oct. 18 @ Washington Redskins

7 Oct. 25 San Diego Chargers

week 2 seems OK but otherwise KC is gonna be Hurtin this season

Jamaal Charles is better than LJ in PPR league IMO

Edited by mlvc

Like so many choices this comes down to risk versus reward

I agree, Chester Taylor is a more predictable solid player and last year he scored more points in PPR than LJ (though LJ averaged more points per week in games he actually played)....but the chance of Chester Taylor being anything more than just a bye week starter is exactly the same as the chance of Adrian Peterson going down with an injury.

Larry Johnson on the other hand has the starting gig, and you can be confident that despite a bad offense and a reasonably difficult start of the season, he's getting most of the first, second, and goal line carries...so there is a greater chance that he is a viable upside starter.

Also, not sure why you care about the start of the season in KC...personally I care more about the finish, when I might need my 3rd or 4th RB to do something if one of my studs catches an injury going into the FF playoffs.

Week 13 Denver at KC, Week 14 Buffalo at KC, Week 15 KC at Cleveland, Week 16 (Superbowl) KC at Cincy

That's 4 solid weeks of thoroughly unimpressive defenses for LJ to take his shots at.

Larry Johnson on the other hand has the starting gig, and you can be confident that despite a bad offense and a reasonably difficult start of the season, he's getting most of the first, second, and goal line carries...so there is a greater chance that he is a viable upside starter.

But he Will still battle Jamaal Charles for touches.

poor offensive line play, Matt Cassel's injury, and the adjustment to a new coordinator are three prominent red flags attached to Johnson's fantasy value.

LJ's skill set doesn't match what Haley likes to do; ( But Jamaal Charles skills DO) he's not a great receiver or pass blocker, and historically has thrived only when he gets a ton of plowhorse-style touches.

In A PPR league I still say LaSean McCoy or Chester even as backups have more Value

in a non PPR my Opinion Changes

because even LJ is in a RBBC with a good pass catcher, which LJ is not

Edited by mlvc