[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were going to roll the dice on a rookie receiver

BearBroncos

Maclin? Puff, puff... pass..

I was going to use my open slot on my bench for Maclin but then decided that Philly still has a decent receiving core so Maclin probably won't make as much of an impact as Nicks will. Giants are really hurting in the receiving area and Nicks is a big receiver with some nice hands. For the time, I'm putting Nicks on the bench until I see some fruit from some of these other rookies.

Thanks for everyone's contribution to the thread. Some nice players mentioned I never even thought of.

Yeah, Kenny Britt has been mentioned before in this thread and he does appear to be worth an eye. I just don't know what kind of immediate impact he will bring to Tenn.

He is a huge red zone target, Nate Washington is injured, and fade routes to him in the end zone are almost unguardable.

I think he gets 700 yards, 7-8 TDs and leads rookie Wrs in TDs . . . IMHO of course . .

He is a huge red zone target, Nate Washington is injured, and fade routes to him in the end zone are almost unguardable.

I think he gets 700 yards, 7-8 TDs and leads rookie Wrs in TDs . . . IMHO of course . .

Interesting observation. If that is the case and those numbers come to fruition, then this cat could be a rookie of the year condidate. Might have to move him to the top of my list.

I'm alittle scared of anybody named Deion from Seattle.

So am I but Deon Grant's been good and Deon Butler could be too. He's shown good hands, great speed and maturity you don't see in a lot of rookies.

For me he's a very fast Bobby Engram.

He's on my AOTAOP roster and I have a lot of WR's to trade if you have any more studs you want to get rid of. :wacko:

Maclin was the first name that came to mind. I am not sure a Tennessee receiver is where I would place my bets.

Yeah me too. I really liked Dillard too but Jacksonville's passing attack seems like an oxy-moron.

Edited by Randall

As a Mizzou fan, I can attest to Maclin's speed and elusiveness, but he's not big and there are questions about his hands and his route-running.

He may very well turn out to be the next Devin Hester. We'll see. :wacko:

Kenny Britt is in a situation where he could impact quickly. Jeremy Maclin could also. My biggest sleeper here might be Brian Hartline in MIA if he wins the #2 job (which it looks like he will). Camarillo put up some nice stats in the #2 spot for Miami last year and Hartline looks good in the preseason.

So am I but Deon Grant's been good and Deon Butler could be too. He's shown good hands, great speed and maturity you don't see in a lot of rookies.

For me he's a very fast Bobby Engram.

He's on my AOTAOP roster and I have a lot of WR's to trade if you have any more studs you want to get rid of. :wacko:

Yeah me too. I really liked Dillard too but Jacksonville's passing attack seems like an oxy-moron.

Nice comparison considering they are both Penn State alumni.

Maclin will not be productive enough to ever warrant a start on your fantasy team...now with Percy Harvin, you might get lucky b/c he will have at least 2 fairly big games (100 all purpose yds + td). I really see him touching the ball alot and Favre may like his speed to chunk deep to.

Harvin's receptions are going to be of the 5-yard variety. Any long TDs he will have to make on his own...

I'm trying to decide between Butler and Mike Thomas for my final roster cut. Any opinions? Butler has looked pretty good, Thomas has been gimpy. Butler is diminutive (5'10 168), while Thomas is a little better built (5'9 195). Thomas has pretty much been anointed the slot position, which is another reason I want to go with him. I just have this feeling watching Butler, that he could be something...