[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Winslow

My league combines the TE and WR position (start 3) and for whatever reason Winslow went undrafted in 16 rds by 12 teams.

I am no Winslow fan, having drafted him last year and watched Leftwich badly miss a wide-open Winslow at least twice in their last game. But, it seems like a no-brainer that he should have been drafted.

The Huddle really likes him as they rank him 4th in TEs and project 870 yds and 6 TDs. I don't like him that much but I'm contemplating dropping Chris Henry even though Henry seems a solid sleeper. The upside with Winslow has to be better than a CIN passing game split between Ocho/Coles/Henry.

Thoughts?

Yeah I'd probably go ahead and grab Winslow in that scenario...To be fair though, I only have him marginally rated better than Henry, so it's not that big of a gap.

I actually would personally drop steve smith from the Giants over any one of them, especially in a non PPR, Henry and Winslows home run and red zone potential is higher to me.

Best of Luck,

WashD

Yeah I'd probably go ahead and grab Winslow in that scenario...To be fair though, I only have him marginally rated better than Henry, so it's not that big of a gap.

I actually would personally drop steve smith from the Giants over any one of them, especially in a non PPR, Henry and Winslows home run and red zone potential is higher to me.

Best of Luck,

WashD

As always, much appreciated.

My league combines the TE and WR position (start 3) and for whatever reason Winslow went undrafted in 16 rds by 12 teams.

I am no Winslow fan, having drafted him last year and watched Leftwich badly miss a wide-open Winslow at least twice in their last game. But, it seems like a no-brainer that he should have been drafted.

The Huddle really likes him as they rank him 4th in TEs and project 870 yds and 6 TDs. I don't like him that much but I'm contemplating dropping Chris Henry even though Henry seems a solid sleeper. The upside with Winslow has to be better than a CIN passing game split between Ocho/Coles/Henry.

Thoughts?

Leftwich threw to Winslow?

I would keep Henry, He will be the Bengals leading wr.

Winslow played for the Browns last year, so it was Anderson and Quinn that threw to him. Leftwich was a backup QB for the Steelers. So unless they were in a pickup game somewhere, Leftwich didn't throw to Winslow.

Sorry. Poorly worded post. Was referring to Leftwich missing Winslow twice in their preseason game last Thursday night vs Miami.

-Heroes

Sorry. Poorly worded post. Was referring to Leftwich missing Winslow twice in their preseason game last Thursday night vs Miami.

-Heroes

Yeah he was way high on a few passes to a wide open Winslow...I just can't get over how slow Leftwich's release is, it can't have been that slow when he was starting for the Jags could it? I know he was slow, but in pre-season it was like someone hit the slow motion button on my DVR.

Bold assertion. Why so confident?

Not jettxin, but I'll offer my two cents.

In the past couple of years, Palmer has shown an unusual affinity for finding Henry in the games I've watched. Even when Ocho and Housh were the big guys, Henry was catching quite a few TD's and gaining nice yardage for a 3. Now that doesn't show the past two seasons, but then he was suspended all the time those years. His 1st and 2nd years show that promise I am mentioning.

Now with Housh gone and (frankly) the fractured relationship between Palmer and Ocho, I think Henry is primed to break out in the yardage AND TD departments. I've taken a flyer on him in every draft I've done this year.

Not jettxin, but I'll offer my two cents.

In the past couple of years, Palmer has shown an unusual affinity for finding Henry in the games I've watched. Even when Ocho and Housh were the big guys, Henry was catching quite a few TD's and gaining nice yardage for a 3. Now that doesn't show the past two seasons, but then he was suspended all the time those years. His 1st and 2nd years show that promise I am mentioning.

Now with Housh gone and (frankly) the fractured relationship between Palmer and Ocho, I think Henry is primed to break out in the yardage AND TD departments. I've taken a flyer on him in every draft I've done this year.

I agree with this, I can't go as far as to say he'd be the Bengals leading receiver, but I think there is a chance he ends up with their second best fantasy output and we may see a disappointing season from either Ocho or Coles...that's why I'd be lukewarm on dropping him for Winslow (though could easily advocate dropping smith for him as I think the upside is lower)

WD

I agree with this, I can't go as far as to say he'd be the Bengals leading receiver, but I think there is a chance he ends up with their second best fantasy output and we may see a disappointing season from either Ocho or Coles...that's why I'd be lukewarm on dropping him for Winslow (though could easily advocate dropping smith for him as I think the upside is lower)

WD

I agree with this. Smith has the lowest ceiling in comparision to Winslow and Henry.