[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall being shopped.

Bree22

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...pping-marshall/

possible link to the Jets??? If he is traded how do you think this will affect him and others? Personally, it is tougher for WR to go to another team and perform at a top level when it is done just before the season or during the season. But Marshall is just so physically gifted and a retard everywhere else. LOL.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDaniels is daring the Broncos to fire him if this is true.

See, I think you're waaay off with that observation. It's clear the Broncos are re-tooling. I think Bowlen's new coach will have a pretty long leash - at least this year.

I personally think he's doing the right thing cleaning the locker room of players that don't buy into his program - talented players or not. There's a saying that you have to take a step backwards in order to take two steps forward. I think that more than applies here.

Parcells came in and turned Miami's roster almost completely over in one year. Not comparing McDaniels to Parcells, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with what McDaniels is doing IMO. And I would expect he has the full support of Bowlen - again...at least for now. And I'm pretty sure if he were to get fired, it's Bowlen that would be the one doing it.

:D oh Denver

It's times like this that I stay comforted by remembering fondly the 8 playoff wins ans 2 Superbowls that Denver has had in the past 12 years. But, I'm sure you Cowboys fans can do the same thing... :wacko:

Oh wait. Oh... man. I'm sorry... how awkward.

1) With the injury to his hip that he's still recovering from, his off field history, and now his behavior in trying to force a trade, DEN will never get the value in a trade that it is looking for.

2) If you are looking for a trading partner, look for a team with a few million in cap room. If DEN does somehow manage to trade him, Marshall may submarine the trade by not showing up unless he has a new lucrative contract - and you can bet he'll be looking right at Roddy White's contract as a go-by.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Selling low isn't a great strategy... and I don't think BM can go much lower than recently injured, in trouble with the law, and being a huge baby on video.

Encourage him to play and trade him next year.

isn't he a free agent next year? either get what you can for him now, or lose him for nothing later. they are too cheap and their coach too big an a-hole to hope to re-sign him. and they are not going anywhere this year, that's for sure. so it seems like they may as well get what they can.

Edited by Azazello1313

isn't he a free agent next year? either get what you can for him now, or lose him for nothing later. they are too cheap and their coach too big an a-hole to hope to re-sign him. and they are not going anywhere this year, that's for sure. so it seems like they may as well get what they can.

:wacko: McHoody would probably slap the franchise tag on his ass just for spite...

Well, if he's a free agent then just Keyshawn him.

It's times like this that I stay comforted by remembering fondly the 8 playoff wins ans 2 Superbowls that Denver has had in the past 12 years. But, I'm sure you Cowboys fans can do the same thing... :wacko:

Oh wait. Oh... man. I'm sorry... how awkward.

You are slowly becoming Dallas :D and 1 of our 5 was vs Den :D

I wish the Eagles would forget about the TO fiasco and try to trade for Marshall....

..for seriously...

Well, look at the league:

Doplhins - No - not with Parcells

Patriots- No - have Moss

Jets - Yes - need a #1

Bills - No - have Ownes

Ravens - Yes - need a #1

Steelers - No - Not in a million years

Browns - No - rebuilding

Bengals - No - Ochocinco

Titans - No - See Steelers

Texans - No - AJ

Colts - Maybe - They do like offense and Gonzo would be a great #3

Jaguars - Yes - Need a #1

Raiders - Yes - who wouldn;t they take?

Chargers - No - no need

Chiefs - No - Bowe

Broncos - No - Ha!

Cowboys - No - that would admit Roy Williams trade was bad

Giants - No - would have done something already

Eagles - No - happy with what they have

Redskins - Yes - need a playmaker

Packers - No - jennings

Vikings - No - no need

Bears - Yes - Need a #1

Lions - No - Megatron

Saints - No - Colston

Buccaneers - Yes - Need a #1

Falcons - No - Roddy White

Panthers - Maybe - Again, no viable #2 so could be a landing spot

49ers - No - solid young corp

Seahawks - No - TJH

Rams - No - rebuilding

Cardinals - No - Fitz and Boldin

Yes - Jets, Ravens, Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins, Bears, and Buccaneers

Maybe - Colts, Panthers

Any of those teams would make sense - it is just a matter of who is desperate enough to trade picks/players for Marshall, who will want a new contract and is 1 strike away from suspension. I am looking at the Jets as the frint runners and the Panthers as a dark horse.

See, I think you're waaay off with that observation. It's clear the Broncos are re-tooling. I think Bowlen's new coach will have a pretty long leash - at least this year.

I personally think he's doing the right thing cleaning the locker room of players that don't buy into his program - talented players or not. There's a saying that you have to take a step backwards in order to take two steps forward. I think that more than applies here.

Parcells came in and turned Miami's roster almost completely over in one year. Not comparing McDaniels to Parcells, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with what McDaniels is doing IMO. And I would expect he has the full support of Bowlen - again...at least for now. And I'm pretty sure if he were to get fired, it's Bowlen that would be the one doing it.

I can agree to a point with a new coach wanting to put in their own players, but he is a rookie coach taking over a team that had a decent to good offense in place already. The smart move would've been to leave the offense alone for a year or so and fix the Defense (the real problem with this team). Then start redoing your offense. But I would question his ability to judge talent. To try and trade Cutler for Cassel is crazy no matter how you look at it. Cutler is a proven QB and Cassel had one year on a well oiled machine where the machine is more important than any one player. Shoot even Parcell/Belicheck were stupid enough to take out Beldose right away.

Edited by Bree22

I wish the Eagles would forget about the TO fiasco and try to trade for Marshall....

..for seriously...

The Eagles have shown a sudden compassion for the troubled athlete. It could be a great fit

Edited by whomper

Yes - Jets, Ravens, Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins, Bears, and Buccaneers

Maybe - Colts, PanthersAny of those teams would make sense - it is just a matter of who is desperate enough to trade picks/players for Marshall, who will want a new contract and is 1 strike away from suspension. I am looking at the Jets as the frint runners and the Panthers as a dark horse.

OK...so, the next step is to see each of the above cap status...you know Marshall is not going anywhere without a new contract so a team needs to have room to sign him. Anyone have a current link to most recent cap status? I Googled it and the best I find is 7 months old.