[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall being shopped.

Bree22

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the next question is, would this raise or lower his stock. I would think his stock is low enough that it probably won't lower it. Anyone drafting BM is hoping he gets his stuff together eventually. Rookie Sanchez instead of bum finger Orton. Overall kinda meh.

Edited by Company of Heroes

Must be the new math. :wacko:

I know...I don't get it either. The same site also shows that the Jets have $10,517,134 in dead money, so I am thinking they they really are not nearly $11 million under the cap. Perhaps a resident capologist can explain this better? Would be much appreciated

So the next question is, would this raise or lower his stock. I would think his stock is low enough that it probably won't lower it. Anyone drafting BM is hoping he gets his stuff together eventually. Rookie Sanchez instead of bum finger Orton. Overall kinda meh.

Yeah, I give it a big fat meh as well.

Colts - Maybe - They do like offense and Gonzo would be a great #3
This is the second time that I've seen this mentioned recently. I just don't see it. Colts in recent years have developed within the organization and not gone after established players in their prime, especially on the offensive side of things. While any team can always use more talent, do the Colts REALLY need more receiving options? Wayne is in his prime. Gonzalas is entering his 3rd season, usually the "breakout" year and his first season as the #2 guy with Harrison now gone. Clark...is Clark. They don't have a clear cut #3WR (aside from Clark) but Garcon and Collie appear to be good enough combined that it's not too much of an issue.

Plus, with as much as a prima donna Marshall is, how would he react to being a #2 WR? Reggie Wayne would still be the #1 WR even if they got Marshall so I'm sure that would affect Marshall's ego just a tad not being "the man".

I think Sanchez is an upgrade over Orton. Orton is a dink and dunker which helps Royal moreso than Marshall anyway. Sanchez has the arm to get it out to Marshall.

What makes Marshall-to-Jets meh is Brian Schottenheimer's offense. Maybe they never had a WR quite like Marshall and it will change but given Schottenheimer's propensity for the dink and dunk and Rex Ryan as HC... Marshall will probably be a gimmick in the passing game rather than the focus.

But what do guys think if he gets traded to the right system eg Jets, Chi, Bal .... Where he will be the #1 with a QB with a good arm and the team runs well. Do you think he can pick up the offense and put up decent #s (top 20)? I just don't know of any examples where a WR traded before or during a season that was able to produce what they use too.

By the way I think that Denver almost have no choice but to trade him now or next year because that front office and coaching staff have just really missed handled everything so far even the draft was bad.

But what do guys think if he gets traded to the right system eg Jets, Chi, Bal .... Where he will be the #1 with a QB with a good arm and the team runs well. Do you think he can pick up the offense and put up decent #s (top 20)? I just don't know of any examples where a WR traded before or during a season that was able to produce what they use too.

By the way I think that Denver almost have no choice but to trade him now or next year because that front office and coaching staff have just really missed handled everything so far even the draft was bad.

has any WR who is about in their prime been traded just before the season?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4439877

The Denver Broncos are carefully monitoring any public comments made by the New York Jets that might indicate the team is tampering with suspended receiver Brandon Marshall, sources said Wednesday.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has consistently stated the team intends for Marshall, who wants either a new contract or a trade, to play for Denver this season. On Friday, Denver suspended Marshall through Sept. 5 for "detrimental" conduct.

The Broncos want Marshall to accept playing for them as the only outcome so that he will conform his behavior. The concern for the Broncos is those attempts could be undermined if the brooding Pro Bowl player becomes convinced a trade is possible.

Citing a source, Newsday reported on Wednesday that the Jets are "seriously considering" making a play for Marshall soon.

There has been no contact between the Broncos and the Jets as of Wednesday morning, sources said.

McDaniels has not singled out a specific episode, but said Marshall's suspension resulted from a series of incidents. At a recent practice, Marshall went out during pre-practice warm-ups and walked while the rest of the team ran. He punted a ball away instead of handing it to a ball boy, and swatted a pass thrown to him. His actions were caught on video and broadcast by KMGH-TV.

Edited by The Wolf

I like the Broncos move. It's highly unlikely that they'll get good value for him, so why not box him into a corner and "force" him to join the team?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/03/mcdaniels-...-traded-period/

"Let me be as clear as I can about this,” McDaniels said when reached at his office Tuesday afternoon. “We are not trading Jay Cutler — period.”

Less than 1 Month Later, Cutler is gone.

I don't believe the Broncos, well McDaniels.

I like the Broncos move. It's highly unlikely that they'll get good value for him, so why not box him into a corner and "force" him to join the team?

I disagree. if you want him to be part of your team, give him a contract extension. if you don't want him to be part of your team, trade him now while you can get value. letting this drama drag out doesn't help the team in any way. about the best you can argue is that it hurts marshall individually more than it hurts the team. but what is the point of that?

I disagree. if you want him to be part of your team, give him a contract extension. if you don't want him to be part of your team, trade him now while you can get value. letting this drama drag out doesn't help the team in any way. that?

Are we back in the Brett Favre threads circa 2008 again?

You make it sound like Marshall is something other than a possession WR? Dink-dunk is the right system for Marshall.

Marshall is 6-4, 230 who does well on the intermediate and deep stuff. He typically has a few receptions per game that go for 20/30+ each. He's no more a possession WR than Megatron, TO, or AJ. Before I'm flogged for putting Marshall in that company I'm merely saying they have similar attributes while playing similar roles.

WRs are an afterthought in the Jets offense. Schottenheimer's system just hasn't made for top WR production.... that's why Marshall-to-Jets is meh.

Marshall is 6-4, 230 who does well on the intermediate and deep stuff. He typically has a few receptions per game that go for 20/30+ each. He's no more a possession WR than Megatron, TO, or AJ. Before I'm flogged for putting Marshall in that company I'm merely saying they have similar attributes while playing similar roles.

WRs are an afterthought in the Jets offense. Schottenheimer's system just hasn't made for top WR production.... that's why Marshall-to-Jets is meh.

The Jets have NOT had anyone near the level of talent that Marshall has. They do have a balanced running game and a solid offensive line, a good #2 WR and a fantastic slot receiving TE. Plug in Marshall and now we're cooking...he WILL be featured. The immediate negative is Sanchez' inexperience.

Edited by The Wolf

I disagree. if you want him to be part of your team, give him a contract extension. if you don't want him to be part of your team, trade him now while you can get value. letting this drama drag out doesn't help the team in any way. about the best you can argue is that it hurts marshall individually more than it hurts the team. but what is the point of that?

I just can't agree with this. Of all the things the front office and HC has screwed up this season, the dealing with Marshall is not one of them. Rewarding a player who is constantly in trouble with the law, hasn't paid attention to the offense or cared to learn how it works, and then shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't care to practice and get better, is utterly rediculous. He is the one that's causing all of the problems and absolutely shouldn't be rewarded for it.

I just can't agree with this. Of all the things the front office and HC has screwed up this season, the dealing with Marshall is not one of them. Rewarding a player who is constantly in trouble with the law, hasn't paid attention to the offense or cared to learn how it works, and then shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't care to practice and get better, is utterly rediculous. He is the one that's causing all of the problems and absolutely shouldn't be rewarded for it.

like I said, if you don't want him to be part of the team (for the reasons you listed), then trade him. their focus should not be rewarding/punishing the player, their focus should be what is best for the team. do they want him to be part of the team or not? how many back-to-back 100 catch WRs are willing to play for a 4th round rookie contract? blame marshall all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the broncos seem hell-bent on creating a situation that has basically zero upside for them.

like I said, if you don't want him to be part of the team (for the reasons you listed), then trade him. their focus should not be rewarding/punishing the player, their focus should be what is best for the team. do they want him to be part of the team or not? how many back-to-back 100 catch WRs are willing to play for a 4th round rookie contract? blame marshall all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the broncos seem hell-bent on creating a situation that has basically zero upside for them.

But what's best for the team is not to trade him for a 5th round pick or a 3rd string WR. I'm sure they want him to be part of the team, but he's got to act like he wants to be part of the team as well. How many back to back 100 catch WR's are willing to play for a 4th round rookie contract and have been suspended by the NFL with multiple off the field issues work to earn their next big contract? Like I said, the broncos are not creating anything, Marshall is forcing them to react to his poor judgement.

Broncos have not been trying to trade disgruntled Marshall

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Denver Broncos have not been attempting to deal disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall, according to league sources, and have received very little contact from other clubs inquiring about the currently-suspended Pro Bowler.

The New York Jets have called Denver to explore the situation, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, but the Broncos have had no intention of dealing the player to this point."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

If true the Broncos are lying again. Isn't this why Cutler wanted out?

Broncos have not been trying to trade disgruntled Marshall

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Denver Broncos have not been attempting to deal disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall, according to league sources, and have received very little contact from other clubs inquiring about the currently-suspended Pro Bowler.

The New York Jets have called Denver to explore the situation, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, but the Broncos have had no intention of dealing the player to this point."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

If true the Broncos are lying again. Isn't this why Cutler wanted out?

If you are a believer in Adam Schefter's accuracy he just Tweeted the below 7 minutes ago:

Adam_SchefterBroncos willing to listen to offers for Brandon Marshall. But it will take player now and pick later, and there's nothing close right now.7 minutes ago from web

If you are a believer in Adam Schefter's accuracy he just Tweeted the below 7 minutes ago:

Adam_SchefterBroncos willing to listen to offers for Brandon Marshall. But it will take player now and pick later, and there's nothing close right now.7 minutes ago from web

JMO, but there's a difference between trying to trade someone and telling someone what it would take to trade for a person when they ask you.

Being "willing to listen" is never a crime.

But what's best for the team is not to trade him for a 5th round pick or a 3rd string WR. I'm sure they want him to be part of the team, but he's got to act like he wants to be part of the team as well. How many back to back 100 catch WR's are willing to play for a 4th round rookie contract and have been suspended by the NFL with multiple off the field issues work to earn their next big contract? Like I said, the broncos are not creating anything, Marshall is forcing them to react to his poor judgement.

I agree. If Marshall would've kept his nose clean he would have gotten paid. He did'nt and now maybe he won't.