[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thin at RB

Shorttynaz

10 team PPR with 1pt =10 yrds rushing, 10 yrds receiving, 20 yrds passing. All TDs are 6pts.

I am stacked at WR with Wayne, Jennings, Owens, Housh and Sa. Moss. I am a little thin however at RB with Peterson, K Smith, R Rice, J Jones

I have Rivers as my starting QB, and Hasselbeck as my backup.

Before they're gone, I'm thinking of picking up either LeSean McCoy (based on hype and potential) or J Stewart (someone just dropped him and I have the #1 waiver priority).

Who would you pick up - or would you just sit tight?

Edited by Shorttynaz

Anyone else have an opinion?

I'm still kinda up in arms. I like the potential J Jones has in Seattle this year with M Hasselbeck back, but I'm unsure how Hasselbeck will bounce back and Jones hasn't shown anything to write home about this preseason. J Stew on the other hand is fantasy gold (showed us last year) if and that's a big if D Williams goes down. The one that really catches my eye is L McCoy. Everything I've seen so far points as him truly being the next Westbrook. If Westy gets hurt - and if history has anything to say about it - he will, McCoy would be solid.

I'm just a solid believer in preseason rankings as I've been burnt time and time again by dropping a higher ranked player for a lower one. I have J Jones as about the 30th ranked RB, J Stew at around 35, and McCoy around 40 on the three different ones I use. This is why I was considering dropping M Hasselbeck as he was hurt for most of the season last year and I'm not sure how he will bounce back, and I already have Rivers..

Yes, yes I do. Julius Jones is fourth on your RB depth chart behind PEterson, Smith and Rice. A 4th RB should be a high risk high reward type of player. Julius Jones is neither. Take either McCoy or Stewart - my preference is Stewart since I equate Westbrook to a cockroach (in a good way) - just when EVERYONE writes him off, he explodes. You can not kill Brian Westbrook.

If this is your first year in fantasy football, this is a viable question. But if you have been doing this for years, then you should know better. Your starters need to be solid - your backups need upside. Drop Jones nad pick up Stewart.

Yes, yes I do. Julius Jones is fourth on your RB depth chart behind PEterson, Smith and Rice. A 4th RB should be a high risk high reward type of player. Julius Jones is neither. Take either McCoy or Stewart - my preference is Stewart since I equate Westbrook to a cockroach (in a good way) - just when EVERYONE writes him off, he explodes. You can not kill Brian Westbrook.

If this is your first year in fantasy football, this is a viable question. But if you have been doing this for years, then you should know better. Your starters need to be solid - your backups need upside. Drop Jones nad pick up Stewart.

Im going to passionately disagree. McCoy is not guaranteed to be a good flex player. In fact, he is guaranteed nothing until Westbrook invevitably gets hurt. But you wont know when that is. If you are not in a keeper league McCoy has questionable value this year. Stewart is hobbled right now and might not be a factor for awhile.

Julius Jones is not a sexy pick (ive never been a big fan as he usually disappoints) but has been handed the "workhorse" role (for the time being) in Seattle. Edge is old and done. Fawcett is a change of pace type back (Leon Washington in a best case scenario). Jones is being drafted as a 4th RB but he has RB2 potential with an outside chance of being a weak RB1. You want upside? There you go.

Jones therefore is low risk high reward. The perfect 4th RB. If he truly emerges as an RB2 you will have the flexibility to deal from strength (im assuming you arent in a no trade league). And unlike what has been said here, any experienced fantasy player knows that is the perfect situation to be in.

I would urge you not to drop Jones at this point. You will regret it after the first week when McCoy gets 2 carries for 6 yards and Jones carries the ball 22-25 times. dont do it.

I'm still kinda up in arms. I like the potential J Jones has in Seattle this year with M Hasselbeck back, but I'm unsure how Hasselbeck will bounce back and Jones hasn't shown anything to write home about this preseason. J Stew on the other hand is fantasy gold (showed us last year) if and that's a big if D Williams goes down. The one that really catches my eye is L McCoy. Everything I've seen so far points as him truly being the next Westbrook. If Westy gets hurt - and if history has anything to say about it - he will, McCoy would be solid.

I'm just a solid believer in preseason rankings as I've been burnt time and time again by dropping a higher ranked player for a lower one. I have J Jones as about the 30th ranked RB, J Stew at around 35, and McCoy around 40 on the three different ones I use. This is why I was considering dropping M Hasselbeck as he was hurt for most of the season last year and I'm not sure how he will bounce back, and I already have Rivers..

McCoy to me is the perfect 5th RB - but it seems you cant do that. We play in a 12 team auction/keeper league with 18 man rosters. The rosters are unbalanced too so you can have 8 RBs if you like. In that kind of league McCoy is a great pickup because he clearly will have a big future. Just not sure how much of an impact he will have this year. Of course, Westbrook is put together with spit and glue but like someone else said, when you write him off, he explodes. So if you are not in a keeper league, I would again stick with Julius Jones and live with the possibility that if (when) Westbrook goes down, someone else might win the league with McCoy. Id say the chances of it happening are about at 10-20% at best. Jones has about an 80% chance of being a solid RB2 (and about a 20% chance of stinking it up and being replaced in a true committee).

there is risk to everything, but Id personally prefer to take the player who is a bit less sexy now whose ADP is well below his true value. Thats how you win at fantasy football. McCoy is a sexy pick until week 1 when he doesnt carry the ball.

Again, in a keeper league Id be all over McCoy and take him over Jones. In a re-drafter its Jones for me all the way.

I'm sorry, but with that seattle line, how is jones in any way possible a possible low RB1 or high RB2? Saying edge is done, is the understatement of this post i think. Do you remember the end of the season he had for the cards last year in the playoffs? He is one year removed from 1200 yards and 7tds, he is far from done. Drop him and pick up stewart, he's proven he can handle a workload and play thru injuries like last year, he is resting, who wants a player like stewart to be hurt in the preseason and have it linger all year, go ahead and pick him up before someone else does

I'm sorry, but with that seattle line, how is jones in any way possible a possible low RB1 or high RB2? Saying edge is done, is the understatement of this post i think. Do you remember the end of the season he had for the cards last year in the playoffs? He is one year removed from 1200 yards and 7tds, he is far from done. Drop him and pick up stewart, he's proven he can handle a workload and play thru injuries like last year, he is resting, who wants a player like stewart to be hurt in the preseason and have it linger all year, go ahead and pick him up before someone else does

Lets not get carried away. I said he has upside to a weak number 1. Julius Jones has always disappointed, so no reason to get crazy thinking suddenly he will be a top back. He wont. The OLine issue is valid but still, if he gets 20-25 carries he is definitely an RB2. Seattle has a very good schedule for RBs so the Oline issues are a bit overrated. They would get manhandled by a team like the Steelers for sure, but against the 49ers and teams without dominating rush defenses they will do okay. Again, ill stand by Jones as a 4th RB at this point in the season. You could do alot worse.

Stewart hasnt supported the hype yet and hasnt stayed healthy.

Edge is old and slow. He did well in December last year but didnt have alot of snaps during the season. I think in spots he can do fine but not has a primary carrier. Just my opinion. Lets see. Edge didnt get any carries in the 3rd pre-season game and I think its clear the coaching staff is giving the rock to Jones and its his to lose. Based on history, he might very well blow it, but they seem fairly well convinced he will be the man.

I'd strongly disagree, I'd say hold tight. All of your rbs are starters and your considering dropping them for...backups? What if Peterson or Smith goes down with injury who are you going to plug into the lineup? A backup? You drafted very well and your not thin at rb...I'd seriously just hold.

For what it's worth, I was half dead last night when I made this post. In my original post, I was asking (well intended to but didnt) if I should drop Hasselbeck for a 5th RB. I don't want to drop Jones until he gives me a reason to. Right now I'd be retarded if I did as he is a starter and has been deemed a workhorse.

I just like what J Stew and McCoy bring to the table. Seems like I am leaning toward J Stewart if anyone as he had almost 850 yrds and 10 TDs as a backup AND a rookie.

With that being cleared up (not dropping Jones for either of them) would you drop Hasselbeck as he's my backup QB.

I would wait and see what Hasselback does this season. In the past he has lit it up. Now you could drop him for a number 5 rb but who knows maybe he has 3 solid weeks of play and you can trade him for a number 2 rb...I'd wait and see, he might be in for a comeback year. Especially with Housch, Carlson, Branch, Burelson....its not like there are no targets and he is a vetran qb so he will get rid of the ball quick even if his line is poor.

Drop JJones for JStew or McCoy.

I like to have depth that has a high ceiling.

JJones has proven to be a poor RB, (Unless he has a miraculous turn around (like his cousin)) he won't ever amount to much.

McCoy however has super high ceiling.

I personally believe JStew is game ready (I have in a dynasty and follow closely) The Panthers know what JStew can do they don't need him to win PreSeason games. They want him healthy for the regular season but that's speculation.

Either way I would grab one of those young lads with a high ceiling rather than sit and wait for the one day in the future JJones actually produces something besides the two games he had a combines 240 yards and 3TDs early last season (I had JJones in a keeper last year and actually started him for one of those games. I call that luck)