[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama to Address Students?

Perchoutofwater

You are free to leave the country at your earliest convenience . . .

It's funny how idiots like you on the left keep saying this. There were a ton of liberals in Hollywierd that said they were going to leave the country if Bush got elected, and apparently never left. Also if you will recall there was a group of states that supported states rights, and tried to leave but the government sent an invading force to keep them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how idiots like you on the left keep saying this. There were a ton of liberals in Hollywierd that said they were going to leave the country if Bush got elected, and apparently never left. Also if you will recall there was a group of states that supported states rights, and tried to leave but the government sent an invading force to keep them.

Yes. Anyone ever think that the relationship of the US to the confederacy during the War of Northern Aggression is the same relationship as the meth-head on COPS that beats his woman because "You ain't leavin' me, bisch!" :wacko:

This is what I was going by. The army's studies of new recruits. But I'm sure gov't education studies can be trusted. After all, those are the same folks that say they need ever increasing funds when private schools do better with half the dollars per student.

Dude, you know I think federally funded education is a sham, and should have never been started. It isn't mentioned in the constitution therefore it should fall under the domain of the states. Having said all that I know what the statistics say regarding public vs private education and you really can't compare the two, because a parent that is willing to pay more than they already do with their taxes for their child's education is much more likely to be involved with that education. This also means that the parents are much more likely make sure their child is disciplined so as not to waste their money. With the "free" public education people don't view an ineffective education as a waste of their money. You also have to take into consideration the much higher percentage of special needs children in public schools versus private schools that skews the averages way down. Don't get me wrong, if my wife wasn't a public school teacher and didn't know the principals on my daughters campuses and wasn't able to literally hand pick my daughters teachers they would be going to private school. I may still send my youngest who has dyslexia to private school when she reaches middle school.

How is that funny? You bitch and bitch and bitch yet . . . . stay.

Get together with WV, go buy an island, import slaves and relive the "glory days" of the USA back when we were just a loose group of frontier states.

So to you . . . states rights to keep slaves should be protected? :wacko: (that is a direct inference to your statement about an invading army)

"Remember kids, if we don't pass healthcare, you will die one day. Tell your parents tu support this important legislation! Besides, only those mean old rich people will pay for it so what's the big deal? Hugs and kisses, BtotheO."

But it's the manner of their engagement that causes my angst. Government should always be questioned, and nobody does that. Yet we all know that 99.9% of these polecats are liars and thieves, only involved for their own advancement in power and graft. We listen to their platitudes and it excites us viscerally, but we never noodle out the logical conclusions and consequences of this or that program. THAT is why I'm so absolutely frustrated.

By having the POTUS do this it might get the kids to actually go home and initiate discussion with their parents to learn more. As AZ noted above, this approach is a bad thing if the guy is going to push an agenda but can be a great thing if it's just to educate about our governing process and to encourage involvement of our youth.

How is that funny? You bitch and bitch and bitch yet . . . . stay.

Get together with WV, go buy an island, import slaves and relive the "glory days" of the USA back when we were just a loose group of frontier states.

So to you . . . states rights to keep slaves should be protected? :wacko: (that is a direct inference to your statement about an invading army)

You haven't been around here long so I'll let your ignorance and assumptions pass. You might use the search feature to see what I have said regarding this subject rather than trying to put words into my mouth.

Also if you will recall there was a group of states that supported states rights, and tried to leave but the government sent an invading force to keep them.

Perch, it is really quite simple. Defend your comment above. If you think it was solely about states rights, you are very mistaken.

We have extreme apathy in this country from the general public when it comes to politics. How do you think we keep re-electing all these idiots in Washington that you all hate? I for one thing it's great to get kids excited to learn about and engage in the process.

How will kids learn anything from this speech? If it is about his policies it will be skewed to his side then if Perch gets his way there will be a rebuttal from the other side and will confuse the kid just like reading a topic like this. All you get is two opposite sides of one argumenet and nobody can get anything worthwhile from a discussion in the first place.

How is it possible that half the country wants and believes we need this health care reform and the other half thinks it is one of the biggest mistakes ever. Can you ever get one side to ask a question and have the other side honestly answer it? Politics is a joke and I just sit back and hope to god with whatever ends up it doesn't kill this country - how does a single person in this country actually get an educated understanding of the issues and the proposed solution??

Edited by gbpfan1231

How will kids learn anything from this speech? If it is about his policies it will be skewed to his side then if Perch gets his way there will be a rebuttal from the other side and will confuse the kid just like reading a topic like this. All you get is two opposite sides of one argumenet and nobody can get anything worthwhile from a discussion in the first place.

Yes. Discussion of issues can be very confusing and disruptive. Won't someone please think of the children?!?!?

So then we should all be good little citizens and bow to the president, no matter whom it is or what he does? Good to know komrade.

I wonder how much money ursa's son would take to beat you like you stole something? :wacko:

Dude...you are a true moron...ursa's baby little boy is too busy wiping cindy sheehan ass to woory about me.

Perch, it is really quite simple. Defend your comment above. If you think it was solely about states rights, you are very mistaken.

Go use the search feature or stop putting words in my mouth that is all I ask.

Dude...you are a true moron...ursa's baby little boy is too busy wiping cindy sheehan ass to woory about me.

Are you really so dumb you couldn't recognize that for the stinky bait it was? :wacko:

Az Grunge has already told your ignorant zeekiness, ursa minoris craps out more man after breakfast than you'll ever be.

That is weird. I just asked you to defend the word that DID come out of your mouth? :wacko:

I'm begging to thing WV's name for you is accurate. Go use the search feature. I have neither the time nor the inclination to retype what has already been addressed prior to your arrival.