[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things I hate about Fantasy Football

FishFreak

1) Guys who brag about how many championships they have won.....yawn

2) Owners that are looking to make trades right after their draft.....give me a break

3) 8 or 10 Team leagues.....weak!

4) Standard TD scoring leagues.....PPR rule

5) Free leagues......seriously what's the point?

That's all I can think of right now. Sorry guys just venting!

Edited by FishFreak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Owners that are looking to make trades right after their draft.....give me a break

In my main local I am in clear violation of one of your "commandments." Does that mean you hate me? :wacko:

I'm always looking to improve my team. From Day 1 of the season until the end of the season.

how do you know if that preseason trade will make your team better if no game's been played? No stats to go off of? I can see trading draft picks, but not players until some stats are showing. that's just me though...

Here is my response to your list of "hates":

1) What's the point in playing FF if you can't brag? That's is THE whole point.

2) Really? We wait 9 mos. to play FF and now we have to wait some more after the draft to actually get started? I'd rather be proactive than reactive.

3) I agree with this. Especially when owners brag how great they drafted - EVERYBODY has a great team with 8 or 10 teams in the league.

4) Ambivalent. I could go either way on this.

5) Free leagues server one purpose - it's like the minor leagues of FF. Play in a free league to get some seasoning and learn the game before jumping in with the big fish.

Things I hate about FF:

1) Loyalty to your favorite NFL team is tested almost every weekend

2) Owners who give up

3) Losing by 1 or 2 points. I'd rather get my butt kicked by a landslide 'cause then I won't be second guessing myself ("If I only played....")

4) Too much time is spent analyzing stats instead of enjoying the games.

Losing by 1 or 2 points? How about losing by a FRACTION of a point. This has happened to me several times over the years and I sit in anticipation Tues-Wed until the official scoring is out...praying that there is that 1 more point I get credited for.

Having the lead Sunday night only to see your opponent has 3 starters going Monday night.

Owners that Tank

The 1 guy in every league that........the list is long.

Loyalty to your team vs. your player. Very frustrating.

Losing by 1 or 2 points? How about losing by a FRACTION of a point. This has happened to me several times over the years and I sit in anticipation Tues-Wed until the official scoring is out...praying that there is that 1 more point I get credited for.

Having the lead Sunday night only to see your opponent has 3 starters going Monday night.

Owners that Tank

The 1 guy in every league that........the list is long.

Loyalty to your team vs. your player. Very frustrating.

We don't play with fractions...but i feel your pain just the same.

Here is my response to your list of "hates":

1) What's the point in playing FF if you can't brag? That's is THE whole point.

2) Really? We wait 9 mos. to play FF and now we have to wait some more after the draft to actually get started? I'd rather be proactive than reactive.

3) I agree with this. Especially when owners brag how great they drafted - EVERYBODY has a great team with 8 or 10 teams in the league.

4) Ambivalent. I could go either way on this.

5) Free leagues server one purpose - it's like the minor leagues of FF. Play in a free league to get some seasoning and learn the game before jumping in with the big fish.

Things I hate about FF:

1) Loyalty to your favorite NFL team is tested almost every weekend

2) Owners who give up

3) Losing by 1 or 2 points. I'd rather get my butt kicked by a landslide 'cause then I won't be second guessing myself ("If I only played....")

4) Too much time is spent analyzing stats instead of enjoying the games.

This is the worst, especially when your home team sucks hard and you know the guy you start against them is going to go off.

how do you know if that preseason trade will make your team better if no game's been played? No stats to go off of? I can see trading draft picks, but not players until some stats are showing. that's just me though...

What if somneone drafted a guy you had your sights set on? If you think someone is going to perform well, wouldnt it be too late to go after them after they play?

There is nothing wrong with trading from day 1.

Or this, I was going against that last year. Saw the scoring as the game ended had me barely winning, then a stat correction the next day lost me the game.

Say someone's QB gets injured in preseason (think Cassel) and makes you an offer you you can't refuse for your solid backup.

Among my least favorite thing about FF is people complaining about leagues they're not in. You wanna play in big leagues? Don't join small ones. You wanna play for money, play for money. You wanna play PPR, play freaking PPR. You want IDP, play effing IDP.

It's actually pretty simple.

FWIW, I doubt I would enjoy playing in a league where no money or goods were at stake, but I could give two poops if someone else gets off on playing for free.

Edited by detlef

I play in a free league each and every year. The reason - I play with a few guys I used to work with, some of them being mormon and HATE "gambling" and see this as a form of gambling.

Regardless, I still enjoy kicking their a$$ year after year! :wacko:

I am suddenly feeling a whole lot better about not playing FF this year. Thx

I like fantasy football and good competition. There are a number of free fantasy leagues here at thehuddle. Very tough competition and good fun.

I perceive that you have a narrow view of fantasy football.