[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things I hate about Fantasy Football

FishFreak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

name dropping during a draft of players not taken yet

slow drafts - i used to not mind them but this year everyone i have been in there is one or two owners that take 11:59 of 12 hours

trying to decide on a player in the 15th round and on

That's one that does drive me nuts!! When your pick is coming up in like 2 turns and you've got that sleeper thats just slappin you in the face with your name all over him. You're light on RB's and you've been targeting this guy all draft as someone who will be there in the mid rounds, only for some retard to shout out his name with "Ray Rice is still there, and I think he's the starter there in Baltimore". Only for another retard to follow that up with, "He's looked solid all preseason and he's gonna be a beast". And the guy drafting says, "Oh, I didn't even notice he was still there. I'll take Ray Rice".

Ugh!! S T F U and concentrate on YOUR team. I thought we were playing against each other, not trying to make someone else's team better!

Edited by Shorttynaz

Agonizing over who you should play at WR3 for 5 days, doing a ton of research, looking at every bit of information you can, finally deciding on one of them.

And it costs you the week.

That F'n kills me.

I know that I'm not the only person this has happened to..

How about... Inserting Westbrook into your starting lineup when he is listed as "probable" and then once the lineups are locked, you find out Andy Reid has decided not to play him this week. The more frustrating thing is you have Buckhalter (at the time Westy's backup) sitting on your bench racking up a bunch of worthless points. When the week is said and done, you lose by 1 f'ng point!!

- A happy, but unhappy Westbrook owner. :wacko:

Edited by Shorttynaz

Pretty much the only thing I hate about FF is my attitude that "This a new year! Anything can happen!"

It seems that every year.... "Anything" does happen and I miss the POs one more time. *sigh*

Oh, well.... there is always next year.

not going to the draft live (fly into fla every year for it but not this one) having to do it in a chat room and typing in the name of your next pick and hitting return by accident and then slapping your head as the guy at the draft laughs and says yeah Palmer shouldn't still be there in the 10th and he scoops him up! :wacko:

4) Standard TD scoring leagues.....PPR rule

5) Free leagues......seriously what's the point?

I know they are just your opinions, and there is no right or wrong view, but I disagree with these two.

#4 - It's your choice to play in a given league format or scoring rules. I like PPR leagues too, but it also takes some additional thought because of the added dimension of scoring. Some people like that, some people don't. That's why we have TD only, performance, PPR, etc leagues. PPR I think helps balance out the value of players putting WR on par with RB. But if PPR rule then IDP must rule even more. Why on earth would someone want to lump over 1/2 the players on a team into one category. Break them out into their individual worth!

#5 - Unless your career choice is fantasy football and rely on it solely for incoming, I think the number one reason for playing fantasy football is to have fun, is it not? Some people just join a league to compete against friends and have fun...money doesn't have to be on the line to do that. Money leagues encourage people to remain competitive since they have something vested, but it doesn't guarantee it. Not having money on the line also doesn't mean that players are going to tank their teams.

When one of your players gets a TD called back because of a penalty.

When a WR gets stopped at the 1 on a long completion which sets up your opponents rb for an easy td

Slow Drafts

That's one that does drive me nuts!! When your pick is coming up in like 2 turns and you've got that sleeper thats just slappin you in the face with your name all over him. You're light on RB's and you've been targeting this guy all draft as someone who will be there in the mid rounds, only for some retard to shout out his name with "Ray Rice is still there, and I think he's the starter there in Baltimore". Only for another retard to follow that up with, "He's looked solid all preseason and he's gonna be a beast". And the guy drafting says, "Oh, I didn't even notice he was still there. I'll take Ray Rice".

Ugh!! S T F U and concentrate on YOUR team. I thought we were playing against each other, not trying to make someone else's team better!

Take control of the situation. If you are targeting a particular player, run some misdirection. Start talking about some other player or position. Get people talking or at least thinking about something else.

While I personally don't do it, I do accept limited amounts of "tampering" of other teams. For instance if a player see someone that they would prefer not to be on a division rival, they might drop that player's name in the hopes that a non-division team grabs them. I don't see using this as a strategy all that different then claiming someone off the waivers just to sit them.

I mentioned this in a thread the other day. Drives me insanely angry

1) Guys who brag about how many championships they have won.....You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE!...why not, that is the point. If the same guy is winning, he must be good

2) Owners that are looking to make trades right after their draft.....Ehh, I rarely do, but if someone wants to, go ahead

3) 8 or 10 Team leagues.....You still have a team that goes 10-4 and a team that goes 4-10 so they aren't that good.

4) Standard TD scoring leagues.....no. negative yard catches still get one point? horrible IMO

5) Free leagues......Fun. Point of FF is fun

That's all I can think of right now. Sorry guys just venting!

You can vent if you want...