[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things I hate about Fantasy Football

FishFreak

Questionable, Probable, and Belichick.

Also free games are just too lame for me. I think it has more to do with if you enjoy betting. Some people just hate to loose money and playing for pride is more then enough. Then you have people who enjoy betting on EVERYTHING. Kickoff, first TD, coin toss? You bet! We'll be sitting around and hear of a little league game at the park and rush down and pick sides. Even when I still did "pride" leagues it never mattered how well I did because if I lost in my money leagues I was crushed for the week. The emotion involved has always seemed a lot more intense when I know a few grand is on the line and bragging rights compared to just being able to brag.

Then there's the problem of people just doing odd things because it "doesn't mean anything anyway." Crazy drafts, boring league mates, and tanking just have always been more of a problem in leagues that have nothing to offer the guy that just went 0-6. I know it's not always the case but I doubt you could say it's better then money leagues or even the same.

I guess for me rubbing it in your league mates faces with a large stack of cash is a lot more fun then without.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Guys who brag about how many championships they have won.....yawn

2) Owners that are looking to make trades right after their draft.....give me a break

3) 8 or 10 Team leagues.....weak!

4) Standard TD scoring leagues.....PPR rule

5) Free leagues......seriously what's the point?

That's all I can think of right now. Sorry guys just venting!

God Bless America where you can speak openly, despite being wrong on so many counts. :wacko:

As for #5, if money is the only thing that motivates you, then you've prostituted your art. :D