[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Golf help - yes Fraz - this means you!

Squeegiebo

Without knowing the scoring system, I'd say either you or Team #1.

With Davis ailing, Team #2 has Ernie (who I would have taken #1) and nothing else; Team #3 is okay, but Vijay ain't gonna so Athena and Furyk is unreliable; and the only potential winner I see on Team #4 is Jimenez (not to knock my boy Phil, but it ain't gonna happen).

You should fear Tiger, Tiger, Jr., and Westwood, but, top to bottom, I like your team best. thumbs_u

Punk. wink

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down Goes Frazia:

the rosters are set.... so who's the favorite ?    shrug    Of course I'm gonna say my squad..... but I really like my chances.    thumbs_u   

Team 1

Tiger

Scott

Dimarco

Westwood

Team 2

Els

Love

Perry

Leonard

Team 3

VJ

Clarke

Harrington

Furyk

Team 4

Mickelson

Weir

Jacobsen

Jimenez

Team Frazia    brow   

Garcia

Goosen

Bjorn

Appleby

I do like your team. I also like team 2. I think this is the time for Perry to do something at a major.

Like I have said I just think that this is Sergio's tournament to win.

I can't believe that no one picked up Shigeki. He has done so incredibly well in the even years British Opens.

Squeegiebo:

I too like Maruyama, and recall recommending him over Appleby.  Wanna sigline bet - Shigeki vs. Stuart? 

Perry ain't gonna do squat.  He was playing out his *** last year.

that's a big affirmative there Squeeg.... you're on. thumbs_u

if they both miss the cut..... then it's no bet or do we just go on a 36 hole total whatever it is ? shrug

Down Goes Frazia:

Squeegiebo:

I too like Maruyama, and recall recommending him over Appleby.  Wanna sigline bet - Shigeki vs. Stuart? 

Perry ain't gonna do squat.  He was playing out his *** last year.

that's a big affirmative there Squeeg.... you're on. thumbs_u

if they both miss the cut..... then it's no bet or do we just go on a 36 hole total whatever it is ? shrug

And let's say we carry the sig until the PGA.... that'll give whoever loses a month of pure pain & embarrassment.

Best finish - if they both miss the cut, we go by 36 hole total. If they tie, we go by the results of the bestball challenge. If one withdraws or DQs, he's the loser. If both WD or DQ, we go by the tie rule supra.

I have no problem with your carrying the sigline for a month. wink What's the sigline gonna be?

Squeegiebo:

Best finish - if they both miss the cut, we go by 36 hole total.  If they tie, we go by the results of the bestball challenge.  If one withdraws or DQs, he's the loser.  If both WD or DQ, we go by the tie rule supra.

I have no problem with your carrying the sigline for a month.    wink      What's the sigline gonna be?

Geezuz H Chr*st Squeeg... coach how many tiebreakers do we need ? Do I need to get a lawyer to draw up a set of rules ? wink

As for your sig...... haven't given it a bit of thought..... but be sure I will do some appropriate verbage searching on Sunday if I win. brow

EDITED to ADD - If by chance they tie.....then we tie.... 86 the bestball challenge. I have zero confidence in my ability to pick a decent squad there. lol

Squeegiebo:

Down Goes Frazia:

EDITED to ADD - If by chance they tie.....then we tie.... 86 the bestball challenge. I have zero confidence in my ability to pick a decent squad there.  lol

Okay, if they tie, we tie.

Wuss. wink

let's do this....... if there's a tie....the tiebreaker is most birdies. shrug

Why not do a scorecard playoff from the last dayof competition. Start at 18 and go backward. Whoever has the lowest team score on 18 wins, if thats a tie go to the 17 hole.

Or you could use 18th hole cumulative. That way it doesen't punish the player who ties at even par but had 2 birdies all week.

lynch:

Or you could use 18th hole cumulative.  That way it doesen't punish the player who ties at even par but had 2 birdies all week.

we're only talk'in 2 golfers here... appleby vs. Maruyama.... not a team.

the chances of the tie are remote...... the chances of both having the same ammount of birdies in either 36 or 72 holes is even more remote.

Ok, I was I got confused about one v one and team with your not sure about picking a good team comment.

I just offered a playoff idea that is used at a lot of local tournaments to avoid more golf.

Squeegiebo:

Down Goes Frazia:

let's do this....... if there's a tie....the tiebreaker is most birdies.    shrug

I never said Shigeki would get more birdies than Appleby, just that he'd beat him. If they tie, then we tie. Deal?
yes fine.... just trying to come up with a easy tiebreaker if needed. For Chr*st's sake Squeeg... YOU wanted to use the bestball challenge as a tiebreaker. There we woulda been relying on 6 other golfers for a 2 golfer bet. :D

done deal... a tie is a tie.

Have you ever been to a scramble in Kentucky in August where the players have two beers a hole. With whiskey or bourbon on the tee boxes. You avoid more golf because it would be dangerous to continue playing. I have seen people get hit with CLUBS, that go flying when we tried a sudden death playoff.

lynch:

Have you ever been to a scramble in Kentucky in August where the players have two beers a hole.  With whiskey or bourbon on the tee boxes.  You avoid more golf because it would be dangerous to continue playing.  I have seen people get hit with CLUBS, that go flying when we tried a sudden death playoff.

believe it or not lynch..... Squeeg doesn't play golf. eek! She just gambles on it.

Down Goes Frazia:

yes fine.... just trying to come up with a easy tiebreaker if needed. For Chr*st's sake Squeeg... YOU wanted to use the bestball challenge as a tiebreaker. There we woulda been relying on 6 other golfers for a 2 golfer bet. :D   

That's just because I always kick your butt in the bestball challenge. wink :rolleyes: :P

Down Goes Frazia:

believe it or not lynch..... Squeeg doesn't play golf. eek!    She just gambles on it.

coach I'm learning! smash

I don't have much of a short game yet, but you should see my swing. I watch Adam Scott's swing on TV and it's like I'm looking in a mirror. :cool:

Squeegiebo:

Down Goes Frazia:

believe it or not lynch..... Squeeg doesn't play golf.    eek!  She just gambles on it.

coach I'm learning! smash

I don't have much of a short game yet, but you should see my swing. I watch Adam Scott's swing on TV and it's like I'm looking in a mirror. :cool:

jusr remember squeeg...... 1/2 your strokes are with the flat stick. thinking You can practice putting just about anywhere.....it's the most important club in your bag. thumbs_u

and BTW.... yours truly shot a 77 last Sunday here. head_ban

Best round of the year with my annual golf/skins vacation right around the corner next weekend here.

lynch:

That's a good round of golf.  I have never broken 80.  I have bogied the 18th twice to finish at 80.  That was enough to drive me crazy.

Yeah I hate that..... I've had a couple instances where I double or triple-bogey'd 18 for a 80 or 81. the pressure got to me on the 18 T-box and I'd slice one into the woods..... or chunk it & not even make it to the ladies T. lol

This round the other day I actually bogey'd 18 as well with a 3 putt..... but it doesn't hurt so bad when it was for a 77.