[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

drafted 7th in a 12 team league

jailbirds

This is my first time drafting 7th. I was not crazy about the position. How did I do?

snake draft, QB gets 6 points for td.

other wise standard CBS scoring

start one QB two RBs Two WRs, one TE, one PK , one DEF, one flex

BY round

1 T BRADY QB NE

2 R MOSS WR NE

3 R GRANT RB GB

4 C OCHOCINCO WR CIN

5 L JOHNSON RB KC

6 G OLSEN TE CHI

7 VIKINGS DEF

8 S SMITH WR NYG

9 E GRAHAM RB TB

10 DELHOMME QB CAR

11 K WALTER WR HOU

12 M BELL RB NO

13 KAEDING PK SDC

14 PACKERS DEF

15 M JENKINS WR ATL

16 JAMES DAVIS RB CLE

17 MILES AUSTIN WR DAL

BO SCAIFE TE TEN

Can I get a little more feedback? I know I reached a little on some picks, I had to since drafting at sucky 7. I wanted a top tier QB early because our league rewards QBs. Larry Johnson fell in my lap in the 5th round, pick#55, had to take him. Also My strategy was to get some top tier WRs and come back with some servicable RBs. I think I can shore up a couple of positions through free agency. I was getting a it sleepy near the end rounds(we go 18 rounds). I know it wasn't a perfect draft....I have never had a perfect one, But I think I can work with what I have. I agree I need a solid season from Johnson and Grant. I think I did ok at WR. Any suggestions?

BY round

1 T BRADY QB NE - With 6 pts/TD I like this pick, though I like Brees more.

2 R MOSS WR NE - Solid choice assuming no stud RBs were available

3 R GRANT RB GB - Low end RB1 but he's a good value here.

4 C OCHOCINCO WR CIN - excellent WR2.

5 L JOHNSON RB KC - solid RB2, you can't pass him up in round 5. You know he'll get the touches so this is low risk/high reward.

6-8 both TEs and DEF have good values through about pick 12-14 so I would have looked for a good flex RB first.

6 G OLSEN TE CHI

7 VIKINGS DEF

8 S SMITH WR NYG

9 E GRAHAM RB TB - he's ok

----Everyone else is just depth (or K whom I consider to be a crapshoot) and your starters are so much better that I don't even think that you'll want to play the matchups, only use the bench in case of injury/bye week/breakout season.

10 DELHOMME QB CAR

11 K WALTER WR HOU

12 M BELL RB NO

13 KAEDING PK SDC

14 PACKERS DEF

15 M JENKINS WR ATL

16 JAMES DAVIS RB CLE

17 MILES AUSTIN WR DAL

I like picks 1-6 with the exception of Larry Johnson. There is just no guarantee that he remains the starter in KC. 5th round is about LJ's ADP, so that is no real bargain. I probably would have rather had Moreno, Beanie, Addai, Parker, or Felix to go along with LJ instead of taking a DEF in the 7th. Or at least made sure to get Jamaal Charles. Packers in the 14th would have been fine as your only DEF. You made the RB situation worse by taking EG who is one of three RBs who will share carries in Tampa. I have made the same mistake drafting SSmith (NYG) too early, but you followed with Walters which is nice value. Delhomme was a bit of a reach in round 10. Bell was a reach.

Sorry. Just my take. I don't see much in the way of trade assets.

one of the problems is so much RBBC this year, It was very hard to get RBs who are the entire running game. that is why I tried hard to get quality WRs. Also I watched Addai, Jamaal and others go before I could get my hands on them. Addai went just before I picked Graham. luck of the draw.