[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The People of Walmart - a pictorial essay

TimC

On Monday, while walking into our local Walmart, I somehow dropped my wallet. I noticed it was missing right away, and retraced my steps. Someone had already picked it up--or I just couldn't find it. Fearing the worst (Meth and ID theft are HUGH where I live), I went right home and started dialing to cancel all my cards, put a freeze on my credit (not a bad idea anyway, by the way), etc....

Two days later, I got a call from the police. Turns out an 11YO boy found it and turned it in to them. All my money, ID, cards, etc were there. Nothing missing. I was able to call his mother and thank her, and also yesterday was able to meet Alonso and give him a cardd with a cash reward for his honesty.

For all we hear about poor parentlng and the selfishness of our youth, it was good to see a positive example. Additionally, it was nice to meet the boy and let him know how appreciative I was to both him and his parents.

On Monday, while walking into our local Walmart, I somehow dropped my wallet. I noticed it was missing right away, and retraced my steps. Someone had already picked it up--or I just couldn't find it. Fearing the worst (Meth and ID theft are HUGH where I live), I went right home and started dialing to cancel all my cards, put a freeze on my credit (not a bad idea anyway, by the way), etc....

Two days later, I got a call from the police. Turns out an 11YO boy found it and turned it in to them. All my money, ID, cards, etc were there. Nothing missing. I was able to call his mother and thank her, and also yesterday was able to meet Alonso and give him a cardd with a cash reward for his honesty.

For all we hear about poor parentlng and the selfishness of our youth, it was good to see a positive example. Additionally, it was nice to meet the boy and let him know how appreciative I was to both him and his parents.

:wacko: To young Alonso for doing the right thing, to his parents for raising a boy that does the right thing, and to you for handling it the way that you did.

Great story. More common than we all think. Kudos to the boy, his parents, and yourself.