[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle's Running Game

Infinity

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People really are optimistic. I'm not saying you can't use a guy like Jones on your roster, but he better be your 4th or at best your No 3. You're telling me, after 5 seasons in the NFL, he's suddenly going to breakout and have a career year. Why? Did someone at Starbucks invent a Talent Latte? He rushed for 1084 yds and 4 TD's three SEASONS ago. And that was with a stout Dallas O Line and a rookie QB in Romo so they leaned on him heavily. He's now in the pass happy Northwest, is three seasons slower, and behind an O-line that could start an Ichiro bobblehead at left guard and not get any worse. 800 yards is being generous, I'd plan for more like 700-750 with about 4 TD's otherwise your kidding yourself unless your league gives points for RB's doing pancake blocks.

His brother Thomas didn't turn into a great rb till later in his career. Just sayin...

That was also situational. Julius Jones now has a WORSE o-line than when he was in Dallas.

Completely different situations. Just sayin . . .

Relax. I can't look into the future to see how well seattle's oline will play this year. I'm just sayin that some rb's blossom later and in diff systems. Maybe mora will utilize him better.

I see them passing a lot with some potentially nice FF value in Hass, Carlson, and Housh, not so much for the running game. Huge question marks in the line, but still think the potential is there for a mediocre season. of course, the potential for being the worst line in the NFL also exists. Anyone trying to claim they know how the O-line performance turns out this year,doesn't really know.

Realize the game today was against the Rams, but Walter Jones and Chris Spencer were still absent.

0 sacks on Hass and 167 yards for the running game today. For those who contended Julius Jones was completely worthless, he put up 117 yards and a TD today. If you started him rejoice.

Yep. I'll just come out and say it, the Seahawks will have the worst O-Line in the NFL this season. It is absolutely impossible to have a good offense with a terrible O-line. Have you ever heard of a team with a bad line having a good offense? Ever? Hasselbeck won't be able to get any rhythm going and in my opinion his back won't hold up under all the blitzing and hits. The running game is going to be awful. Awful. Jones may have a season that adds up to 1000 yards, but I don't think he will be consistent enough to be startable. He should do fine in the 4 games against St. Louis and San Fran, but there will be some games against better opponents where Jones is completely washed off the field, to the tune of about 30 yards. I also can't see Jones scoring more than a handful of TD's.

There is only one Seahawk that should perform to his ADP, which is Carlson. He still plays well even with Wallace at the helm. I think the lack of time to get the ball off cleanly and the odds that the backup QB will play a fair amount this season should lead to a disappointing season for Housh and the rest of the WR's. My recommendation: don't take Hass, don't take any Seahawks WR, don't take any Seahawks RB.

So lets get this straight: yesterday, the Seahawks21 proclaimed "worst O-line in the NFL" held the Rams to ZERO sacks in a game where all scoring came through the air, while rolling to 4.9 YPC and 167 on the ground.

As always, the accuracy of your laser-like scrutiny is uncanny. Or are you some sort of opposite-genius? :wacko:

So lets get this straight: yesterday, the Seahawks21 proclaimed "worst O-line in the NFL" held the Rams to ZERO sacks in a game where all scoring came through the air, while rolling to 4.9 YPC and 167 on the ground.

As always, the accuracy of your laser-like scrutiny is uncanny. Or are you some sort of opposite-genius? :wacko:

I think I'd wait until they do it against a real defense before I'd gloat too much. Sure, they looked good against the Rams, but it was the Rams.

The philosophy is still the same, if one of your guys is playing the Rams, start him. Offense or Defense, stud or backup, you gotta freakin' start 'em.

My Lambs made JJ look like LT. And he ain't.

I think I'd wait until they do it against a real defense before I'd gloat too much. Sure, they looked good against the Rams, but it was the Rams.

The philosophy is still the same, if one of your guys is playing the Rams, start him. Offense or Defense, stud or backup, you gotta freakin' start 'em.

My Lambs made JJ look like LT. And he ain't.

Nobody is saying that JJ is a must start every week. But he can be a fantastic stop gap player against the right defenses with some upside. Think about it, if Hass can stay healthy the offense does have some pretty good WR's to go to which means that teams will have to play honest and not load up on the line of scrimmage. Add to the fact that they play AZ, Stl, and San Fran twice means that JJ could be a decent start 4-6 times this year.

Definitely good enough for a 7th round pick.

Nobody is saying that JJ is a must start every week. But he can be a fantastic stop gap player against the right defenses with some upside. Think about it, if Hass can stay healthy the offense does have some pretty good WR's to go to which means that teams will have to play honest and not load up on the line of scrimmage. Add to the fact that they play AZ, Stl, and San Fran twice means that JJ could be a decent start 4-6 times this year.

Definitely good enough for a 7th round pick.

This I agree with. But others were making it sound like we were lining up their O-line for HOF jacket fittings. I'm just saying let's reserve judgment on that until they do it against a quality defense.

This I agree with. But others were making it sound like we were lining up their O-line for HOF jacket fittings. I'm just saying let's reserve judgment on that until they do it against a quality defense.

There was a legitimate concern that the O-line play would be absolutely horrendous. I see where you are coming from and agree, but assuming that the Rams are still NFL caliber players; it looks like the Seahawks21 gloom and doom proclamation might be off base.

All I can say, after watching the tape and looking at some of these plays in slow motion -- ZONE BLOCKING IS AWESOME!

Well... if your RB can cut back. I think Forsett is the best RB Seattle has for "zone blocking", because it requires you to basically change directions on a dime. I like both JJ and Forsett more than Edge at the moment. JJ because he's the workhorse, and Forsett because he benefits the most from the blocking scheme changes.

There was a legitimate concern that the O-line play would be absolutely horrendous. I see where you are coming from and agree, but assuming that the Rams are still NFL caliber players; it looks like the Seahawks21 gloom and doom proclamation might be off base.

Yeah, that's probably true, too. We'll get a better feel for it ( as with most things) in the next couple weeks. I think this division is winnable for everyone except the Rams. Maybe we can play spoiler . . .

Realize the game today was against the Rams, but Walter Jones and Chris Spencer were still absent.

0 sacks on Hass and 167 yards for the running game today. For those who contended Julius Jones was completely worthless, he put up 117 yards and a TD today. If you started him rejoice.

I got him at pick 64 in 32 H and started him. How happy do you think I am?

Well they play the Rams again, so you might look like a genius twice this season. :wacko:

I'm not worried about looking like a genius, im just trying to get any kind of production at rb. If he finsihes with 800 and 5 ill be pleased with him

Well they play the Rams again, so you might look like a genius twice this season. :wacko:

Yeah, but the next one is at our place! Well, he'll probably still be good. Yeah, you should start him.Definitely.