How about this 1st round plan

SLGRAF

I have the 8th pick, and am planning to take one of Peterson/MJD/Forte/Turner/DWill/Brees/Brady, in that order. I figure at least one person ahead of me will do something goofy, so I should be safe with a list of seven. In a no PPR league where you gets 6 points for TD, I am wondering if there is any reason NOT to take a QB that early? I know, there is the argument that all QBs get six points for TDs, not just the top ones. But, the gap between QBs widens with this scoring system, so it does make a difference.

I have the 8th pick, and am planning to take one of Peterson/MJD/Forte/Turner/DWill/Brees/Brady, in that order. I figure at least one person ahead of me will do something goofy, so I should be safe with a list of seven. In a no PPR league where you gets 6 points for TD, I am wondering if there is any reason NOT to take a QB that early? I know, there is the argument that all QBs get six points for TDs, not just the top ones. But, the gap between QBs widens with this scoring system, so it does make a difference.

I'd probably sub LT for Dwill, but in general I have no problem with that list. If you go RB first I'd consider Rodgers/Peyton in the 2nd. In that scoring I make sure to end up with one of those four.

Top QBs will get say 30-32 TDs. Yes, someone will likely go for more than that (Brady has gone over 30 once (50), Manning 4 times(31,31,33,49), Brees (34)once)

QB available in the 6th or later round can get 22-24 or so (Palmer, Schaub, Hasselbeck, Cutler) are a few that jump as guys available 6th or later in most leagues)

That is 6-10 TDs difference in general, at 2 pts. more per TD that is 12-20 points over the course of an entire season, or about 1 pt. per game increase in spread.

It really does have a minimal impact.