[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can one take...

rocknrobn26

...a GPS system in carry-on luggage on an airplane?

I use it for it's obvious purpose, But it's also a great MP3 player.

Yeah I sent an email to TSA, but after 2 days no reply. :wacko:

Anyone?

...a GPS system in carry-on luggage on an airplane?

I use it for it's obvious purpose, But it's also a great MP3 player.

Yeah I sent an email to TSA, but after 2 days no reply. :wacko:

Anyone?

Yes. Wife carried one on last week.

ETA: And I carried mine on a UK flight and back in May.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Sorry RnR. Not trying to be rude here and steal your thread, but what can't one carry on? I don't fly very often and am thinking about not checking a bag to Vegas. What about toiletries(shaving cream, razor, toothpaste, etc.)?

Razor (disposables, not straight) are fine, as is toothpaste and shaving cream. Anything that is more of a liquid (cologne, mouthwash, etc.) needs to be in 3.5 oz bottles or smaller, and the individual bottles need to be in a quart-sized zip-lock bag. But, trust me, they don't watch for it THAT carefully, so you might get by without it, depending on how many liquids you carry on. Definitely won't get away with carrying a bottled water through Security, more than likely, but they've been known to "miss" a 3.5 oz bottle or two now and then. Just to be safe (and avoid the chance that it slows you down... get searched, etc.), just do the baggy thing.

Other than that, there's not much you can't bring, other than the obvious (weapons, blades of any kind, etc.)

Razor (disposables, not straight) are fine, as is toothpaste and shaving cream. Anything that is more of a liquid (cologne, mouthwash, etc.) needs to be in 3.5 oz bottles or smaller, and the individual bottles need to be in a quart-sized zip-lock bag. But, trust me, they don't watch for it THAT carefully, so you might get by without it, depending on how many liquids you carry on. Definitely won't get away with carrying a bottled water through Security, more than likely, but they've been known to "miss" a 3.5 oz bottle or two now and then. Just to be safe (and avoid the chance that it slows you down... get searched, etc.), just do the baggy thing.

Other than that, there's not much you can't bring, other than the obvious (weapons, blades of any kind, etc.)

TY!!!!!