[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Danny Woodhead

Drock

Um.. Yea the kid looks fast. . Is this somthing to worry about... As a Leon Washinton owner

149/2 is definitly worth looking at. I know its preseason game 4..,.but thats damn god for a 5'6 195lb kid...

He looks 12 by the way....

In a word, no. but he probably earned the last roster spot tonight. Although if he cant play on special teams its still questionable whether or not he makes the 54 man roster. But he was fun to watch tonight for sure. Could make the team as the 4th RB though. Could also give the team confidence to let Jones go after this year with Shonn Greene and Leon Washington also in tow. Looked like he could be a useful squad player.

In a word, no. but he probably earned the last roster spot tonight. Although if he cant play on special teams its still questionable whether or not he makes the 54 man roster. But he was fun to watch tonight for sure. Could make the team as the 4th RB though. Could also give the team confidence to let Jones go after this year with Shonn Greene and Leon Washington also in tow. Looked like he could be a useful squad player.

The roster size is 53 max.

The roster size is 53 max.

The announcers (Jets announcers) explained that the Jets have a 55 man roster for a week or so and then it goes to 54 for another week or so because of suspensions. I am sure it is somewhere out there in internet land the whole scheme.

The announcers (Jets announcers) explained that the Jets have a 55 man roster for a week or so and then it goes to 54 for another week or so because of suspensions. I am sure it is somewhere out there in internet land the whole scheme.

They get roster exceptions for suspended players, but the suspended players go on the reserve-suspended list and not on the regular roster. The regular roster still needs to be at 53 and the announcers were misapplying the rules implying the suspended players were on it making it bigger.

They get roster exceptions for suspended players, but the suspended players go on the reserve-suspended list and not on the regular roster. The regular roster still needs to be at 53 and the announcers were misapplying the rules implying the suspended players were on it making it bigger.

Yep...that was Ian Eagle who screwed up. Greg Buttle had it right.

Ahhh... gotcha John. :wacko:

Either way... hope this kid makes it. He looked good last night.

I thought the third QB didn't count for the 53-man roster?

I thought the third QB didn't count for the 53-man roster?

The team can suit the 3rd QB as the 46th man on the 45-man active roster for the week. He would be listed as officially inactive but can come in for an emergency or during the 4th quarter. He is part of the 53-man team roster.

I've read a lot about the kid and hope he does well. I don't think he is ready for prime time, but I hope he eventually gets a chance. Woodhead broke the NCAA record for career yardage. It was something ridiculous like 8000+ yards in 4 years. He went to Chadron State which is a Div 2 school in the middle of Nebraska but that many yards is impressive. I would have like to see what he could have done at a larger college.

He is something of "Rudi" light for sure. If I were Ryan, I'd keep the kid and let him return punts instead of my starting safety, Jim Leonard. Shon Greene is Jone's backup... maybe Leon should have one too? Woodhead is a decent looking return man for both punts and KO's.

Ryan preaches the whole work hard ethic thing .... well, here is Woodhead. In Rayn's own words, "I don't know what more we could have asked him to do." It was obvious that the Jets sideline was stoked for the kid. He is respected and well liked, and to be cliche, very "Rudi-like". Time for Ryan to back up his schpeel here IMO. He talked the talk.... now it's time to walk the walk, and keep this kid. No way he clears waivers to the taxi squad, some team will pick him up... maybe Chicago with Jones on IR?